Chapter five

Tonight at the club she would be the one performing, she wrote a few songs and in all honestly she had never been this nervous. As she got ready she went through two cigarettes. Today she had her hair crimped, some of it in a clip to keep it out of her face, but she made sure to keep a few strands out in the front to frame her face. The eye shadow look she'd chosen was a classic smoky eye to match with her outfit. Her hand shook as she got ready that day, thinking of all the eyes that would be on her, everyone who knows.

When she went to get dressed her phone started blowing up, at first she didn't answer it, she put on the lacy body suit she chose to wear, then she slipped on the black skirt to match. The buzzing started driving her crazy so she checked to see who it was, an anonymous caller. She scoffs and picks up the phone, she answers it and holds it up to her ear.

"Can I help you with something?" By her tone you'd be able to tell she was annoyed

She continues getting ready, slipping her socks on as the call continues.

'I seen that you were preforming tonight at The Divine Bloom, good luck'

Her stomach flipped and she froze up for a moment.

"Who the fuck is this? How did you get my number?"

'That doesn't matter pretty-'

She quickly pulls her ear away from her phone, it was James. It had to be him 'pretty' goosebumps cover her skin. She looks down to her phone as it started buzzing in her hand again, the same number. She stared at it for a moment ut then she took a deep breath and pressed the answer button, then she put the call on speaker and sets it on her dresser. Don't be afraid.

"Listen I don't know who this is or what your doing but you need to lose this number and lose it now."

'You know who it is' the voice says lowly over the phone, she furrows her eyebrows and rolls her eyes, ignoreitignoreitignoreit.

"Listen, if you step foot into that bar I promise you that you will be out on your ass faster then you walked yourself in. We don't deal with shit like that"

'Whatever you say. I hope you know that tonight you are going to be seen by so many people and you are setting yourself up for the danger you'll be in. Remember that' He says and the call ends

Kiera stands there for a moment, staring at jer phone with her arms crossed, that was the most bullshit threat she ever heard in her life. He was doing it to get to her head but she didn't care, leaving her phone on the dresser she walked over to her closet and grabbed a leather jacket and the platform boots that she would be wearing. The boots had to be brought to the bar then put on because Kiera won't drive with them on but the jacket was a must because it was so cold outside. Right now it was about 3:15, so she had to leave in fifteen minutes. Kiera collected her things before lighting up a joint. As she hit it she walked around to make sure she had everything she needed, she thought about wearing a hat but Jaz yelled at her for saying that seeing as her hair was so long. It had grown down to her lower back and she loved her hair, sometimes it could be a hassle and so expensive but she loved it, everyone did. She got all of her things into a red leather purse she had bought, it was bigger than her other one, before she left she finished her joint and tossed it in the ashtray on her counter.

She walked out of her apartment with her purse over her shoulder, boots in hand, and keys in the other hand. Kiera made sure to lock both locks on her door, her stomach still turning from the phone call she received a while before she left. Everything in her hands was tossed to the passenger seat of her car, then she started the car and pulls out of her spot, making her way to the bar. Her music was full blast, still the same artists, plus a few more, right now she really liked, Ghostmane, Lil peep, XXXtentacion, Suicide boys, and Ski mask the slump god. Music is one of her favorite things, it always had been. When she got to the bar She parked and collected her things from the passenger side, heading inside.