Returning

Content Warning:
   Violence
   Abuse/Neglect
   Mentions of an ED
   Hate speech

Sal sat there quietly.

His mind was blank, nerves shot, hid entire body was shaking.

The white buzz of the light filled the silence.

His red stained hands trembled against his stomach.

His blue hair was knotted and wet, matted so bad he couldn't run his hands through if.

How could he let this happen?

His eyes slowly moved to Travis.

The blood made him sick.

Travis let out a groan as he stared tentatively into the mirror, inspection ever detail on his face. The bruises that always seemed so constant were beginning to fade. He would have been happy if not for his nerves.

He had a rough morning, everything seemed to work against him. It didn't help he woke up in a cold sweat. He probably smelled like shit; he looked like it.

A knock came about the door, "Travis? You okay in there?" Sal stood on the other side of the door, patiently waiting for Travis' response.

"Uh, yeah, sorry. I'm just about to get in the shower." Travis gently tapped his finger against the sink as he gripped it a little too tightly.

"Alright; be careful about the water, though. The water gets hot easy. I'll be getting dressed." Sal tapped his hand against the door as he left to his room.

Travis nodded even if Sal couldn't see it. His eyes slowly drifted back to the mirror, and he stared intently into it. He ran his fingers through his messy hair; it felt so dead and rough. Kenneth has forcefully bleached it so many times that it probably would never fully recover. He could see his darker roots coming in, reminding him of his mother's hair. Travis remembered when he was young, he and his mom wound bleach and dye it, for fun, it was a nice bonding experience... Kenneth didn't do that out of love, though. The only worry he had was Travis not having 'ugly hair like his mom had'.

He thought his mother was beautiful, and so was her hair. He missed her.

Travis let outcan exasperated sigh and pushed off the sink. Standing around and thinking of the past wouldn't do him any good.

He slowly began to undress, accidentally ending up just staring at the shirt Sal had given him. Travis never brought any of his clothes, so he had been using Sal's; he didn't mind that, though.

He was lucky to have Sal...

Travis shook his head slightly when he thought of what happened the night prior. The thought had crept back up to him even if he tried to forget it.

Sal had gone over to hang out with Larry; he invited Travis, but he declined. He wasn't really in the mood to see anyone, especially Larry; yeah, their relationship was better, but it still was rocky. He also hadn't gotten the chance to write recently, and that was the perfect time to do it.

When Sal got back to the apartment, he smelled like marijuana, which, it wasn't like Travis was morally opposed to it or anything; he was just a bit surprised. He never took Sal for a smoker, but he supposed it wasn't too shocking with Larry's whole... everything.

Sal and Travis sat on the couch, and that's where it got interesting. Sal was still very clearly out of it and was just rambling for a while. Then, he started to talk about a person he had a crush on. He gushed about how great they were, how much they meant to him, how he wanted to marry them one day. Travis just listened, his heart crumbling just enough to hurt. After a while, though, Sal began talking about how similar this person was to Travis; how they were practically the same, and how he wished he could be with someone like him.