2 months later

NALA'S POV

All the lionesses, other than Zira lie at the bottom of Pride rock. The land is barren, one river still flows through the pride lands, but in a few months it will be completely dried up. The few herds left will leave, making the takeover of the Southern Pride looming closer everyday. We won't attack until we must.

Now only 20 hyenas remain in our territory. The rest moved on to new places in search of more food and water. The twenty that remain still keep us in line.

"Have any of you noticed how fat Zira is getting?" Says one lioness.
"Finally putting on some weight, she was so scrawny." Laughs a second. All the lionesses laugh with her.
"I don't understand how you can be so weak and still be a fine hunter." States a third.
"Mhmm." Reply five others in unison.

"She's pregnant." Says Sarabi. There is a silence.
"She told me." Sarabi adds.
"I saw." Says Angavu shyly.
"I heard them talking in Scar's cave. She is his queen so obviously she is pregnant." Angavu says, looking as if she has done something wrong.

Silence fall on the group.
"Imagine how ugly their babies will be." Says Nia suddenly. At this the whole group bursts out laughing and making ugly faces.