11

"Hi Juno" I said as the Mal, Shepherd mix placed his head on my lap.

Oliver is right next to me on the couch and Jaci is on a phone call. It's been one month since Oliver brought home his service dog. While he doesn't have to be as alert as a medical service dog, we don't distract him unless it's dedicated play time, also this dog does not let Oliver leave his sight. Even in the bathroom. Juno found that the carpet in the bathroom makes for a good bed to wait on. He even sleeps in bed with Oliver, it's too cute. Before, he brought Juno home, Jaci and I had to go and meet the pup just to make sure he was good with us. That dog jumped right in my lap as soon as he got the okay. He didn't do that to Jaci, but happily licked her hands.

"You guys ready to do the final check?" Jaci said walking back in

"Oh, yes. Let's go. Juno, love. Go get your father" I said to the dog who's head was still on my lap

He immediately looked up and went over to Oliver sniffing him over. Grabbing our shoes, Oliver got Juno geared up and we all went to Jaci's SUV. I sat up front while the duo sat in the middle row. There has been one bad storm since he brought Juno home and while the dog helped, I was asked to hold his hand. After I had to whisper to him three times if he needed anything because he couldn't calm down. Juno had put his head on both our hands so I think it hid the fact we were holding hands. I think the one thing that keeps him... riled up I guess you could say is the fact that he's not alone. I'll come check on him when he goes to his room and he's calm. Alert, but calm, but that's probably because he's alone. I think having us there knowing he's freaking out.. freaks him out as well. I mean, I panic more when people see me panic. I don't do big crowds, I never did. So when there's a whole bunch of people around and i'm left alone I tend to figit and jump. When we went to New York to an event for Jaci's family I almost lost my shit. I don't know why, I think it was the drive and nerves but yeah, I wanted to cry. And knowing that if I break in front of everyone they'll all see it made me panic. So I found Oliver, asked if he could come with me outside and we sat on a bunch and I regained my composure. The rest of the night went fine, but Oliver would not leave my side. Though I was thankful for that, I felt bad.

"Oooh look at it" Jaci yelled

Looking out the windshield we pulled up to our restaurant and I smiled. We thought about changing the name to include Oliver but he said no and he liked what we had picked. After some arguments we caved and kept it. It does look good J.G BBQ. I love it. Hopping out of the SUV, we all walked inside, after unlocking the door, and looked around. We spent a whole day picking out photos that represented us. Some of Jaci and I in school, Oliver in the military. We did a mini photo shoot at our house and even included some with Juno. It looks so homey in here. Walking through the kitchen we make sure everything was in check and even looked at the smokers.

"Alright ladies. Looks like you get to do inventory. Well order it at least. So what are you going to have for opening day?" Oliver said

"Oh what do we want to serve. We haven't even finished the menu" I said

"I've had so much BBQ I think your menu is good" Oliver replied

"When do we want to open though" Jaci said

"Well Oliver started the social media page and posted coming soon posts. It seems to have drawn a good bit of attention. Plus everyone that gets gas sees us here so they must be wondering" I replied

"True. Hmm, we have everything. I guess we look at how long all the food will take to come in. Granted we could just go get it ourselves, but dad set us up with a supplier so we'll get delivery from a local butcher" Jaci said

"Have to give at least a weeks notice, so people can plan to come out" Oliver said

"What about. Hmm. Fourth of july is this Friday, that's too soon. What about the 11th?" Jaci said