16

"Do you know if they got in yet?" Jaci asked as we were putting together orders

"Last time I talked to them they were flying. And that was about 2 hours ago. So they might be at the aiport. He didn't say when they took off." I replied

"My parents are about an hour out from the hotel. They might stop by here but it's kind of out of the way." Jaci replied

"My mom said they are on their way to the hotel" Oliver said grabbing the two ready orders

"That's good" I smiled

Finally the rush seemed to slow down and soon it was closing time. Jaci and I cleaned up the kitchen while Oliver did the tables and got some office work done. We deep clean the kitchen every night so he's done way before us. It gives him time to get some stuff done for himself since he's working the register. Heading out to the dining room, Juno came trotting over and Oliver followed behind him.

"I'm going to get some more stuff done. If you two wanna head back" Oliver said

"You sure?" Jaci asked

"Yeah" He replied

"See you at home then. Anything you want for dinner?" I asked

"Doesn't matter" He smiled

Jaci and I both nodded and went out to my truck. Rolling the windows down, I started her up and started home.

"Guess tomorrows going to be busy" Jaci laughed

"Yup. What do you want for dinner?" I asked

"Chicken" She nodded

"Ohh, remember that honey garlic chicken I made" I said

"Oh my god yes. You made that when I came to your house in Cali. Can you do that please?" She asked

"Do you remember if we used all the chicken?" I asked

"I think we did. Want to stop at the store on the way home?" She replied

Nodding, I made a left turn and headed toward town. Stopping at Walmart, we both walked in and grabbed a pack of chicken from the meat section..Obviously. Getting a few other things I needed for this recipe, Jaci grabbed some things we needed for the house and we made it through check out. Hopping back in my truck, we headed home and put everything away that wasn't going to be part of dinner. Jaci did the dishes from this morning while I started prepping everything for dinner.

"I'm going to go get a shower. I'll be down in a bit" Jaci said

"I may have dinner done by then. Depending on how long you take" I laughed

She just winked and headed up stairs. Grabbing out a good amount of potatoes, I cut them into cubed and filled the pot with water and put it on the burner. They are red potatoes so I don't really need to peal them. Don't worry they were rinsed before cutting. Once they started to boil, I seasoned the chicken breasts and got those in a hot pan. Okay...veggies, what did I want to do. Looking through the pantry, I found some zucchini and got that cut up and seasoned. Hmm, air fryer. Tossing those in, I set the temp and time and let those cook. Flipping the chicken, I got three shallow bowls out and set those on the island. Yeah I can use a plate but this dish has a garlic honey sauce that I don't want to go everywhere. Once the chicken was done I put those back on the cutting board and threw in the garlic. Adding honey and some other ingredients to the pan, I let that simmer for a couple minutes before putting the chicken back in and coating it in the sauce. Shutting off that burner, I slid the pan back and pulled the potatoes off. Dumping out three quarters of the water, I added some butter, a splash of milk, and sour cream and mashed them. Since i'm not adding a lot of milk I kept some water in there so they are creamy.