fluff - "forgive me barbatos, for i have sinned" || barbara gunnhildr

FLUFF

Apparently, Barbara is 16/18, so you will be 17/18.

In which you playfully tease Barbara in the Mondstadt church during her work hours and she gets flustered.

[]

-
It was a lovely afternoon in Mondstadt, and you were off duty.

Your missions as a Outrider Knight were finished for the day, so as you headed back to the Knights of Favonius' Headquarters with Amber, both of you joked along the way.

"Man, I got ran over by a boar, come on... !" You huffed, wiping the sweat off your forehead with the side of your glove, as both of you walked through the larger double doors.

"It was funny when you think about it, to be honest." Amber grinned, patting you on the shoulder.

"Haha, Amber-" You pouted. "Very funny...."

"No, but seriously," The Pyro Outrider turned to face you suddenly. "You're not injured, are you... ?"

"No Amber, I'm fine." You declared, reassuring her.

"Sure?" The dark-brown haired Outrider demanded, worryingly. "I don't want us to joke about it when you're actually hurt, Y/n."

"No, it's alright." You confirmed. "Thank you for worrying about me, though. I do appreciate the trouble, Amber."

The dark-brown haired girl nodded. "I'll leave you to it, then."

"I'll pay our dear healer-nun a visit then. If you get what I mean." You said, crossing your arms behind your head, smiling a little.

"Don't get too into it, though." Amber laughed slightly. "Remember you'll be trespassing on a entirely religious territory."

"Oh, I won't."

*

As you quietly entered the church, using the back door, you saw Barbara's colleague, Sister Rosaria, nearby and decided to greet her.

"Greetings, Sister Rosaria." You said, bowing your head slightly in a sign of respect. "Are you doing alright today?"

"Hm, Y/n." She replied, simply. "The Anemo Archon blesses you, or whatever I'm supposed to say... Can Bar... baldos bless you?"

"Barbatos? Yep, he surely does." You smiled.

"I'm... okay. You?" She answered,

"I'm good." You said, walking towards the side of the Favonius church where Barbara was working, as Sister Rosaria kept following you closely. "Is Barbara here?"

"Yeah." Rosaria answered, as the both of you came to a halt in front of the door.

"Lord Baldbados has expectations, so don't do any unholy things here, Y/n." Sister Rosaria declared, glaring back at you in a suspicious manner. "I mean- not that I care, I'm not interested in Gods and whatsnot..."

"Why are you....." You began, looking back at her in the same way as she, shrugging. "I never did anything of the sort-"

"You know what, I'll just leave." The purple-haired nun stated, as she walked away, and back to her duties - or the ones she was supposed to do, at most.

You looked at her, before gently opening the door, not to alert anyone.

There she was.

Barbara.

As it sometimes would happen, she was standing near the bed where her elder sister Jean Gunnhildr laid, asleep.

You were well acquainted with the Acting Grandmaster Jean, as she was the one who dispatched you on daily expeditions and scoutings with Amber.

You, for one, knew that Jean had a rather troublesome habit of pushing her limits and overworking herself to exhaustion.

You carefully approached the two sisters and grinned. Barbara did not seem to take notice of your arrival.

You sneaked up behind her and raised your hands.

"Heyyy~~" You hummed in Barbara's ear, poking her two cheeks with your fingers.

Barbara jumpscared, and let out a squeal before quickly turning around to face you.

"Eeek, Y-Y/n... !!" She breathed. "You scared me >.< "

"Awhhh, look at you, you're so cute, Barbara." You swooned over the blonde haired Deaconess, not being able to stop yourself from smiling at how adorable she was.

"Come here, give me a hug, little one." You said, seeing her lips tug into a pout and her cheeks redden.

She buried her face in her chest, hiding her blush even more.

"Awhhh, you're so smooollll-" You teased, patting her on the head, softly. "And adorable.... look at you :3"

"Y-Y-Y/n....." She mumbled shyly. "I need to take care of big sis..."

The small healer turned back to Jean, to check if she was awake.

"What about meeee... ?" You pleaded, with doe eyes, clasping your hands together to make the thing more believable. "I got hit by a boarrr"

" ....what?" She paused, seeming to take in the information for an instant.

Immediately, in a panicked state, she patted you all over; on your face, your shoulders, forearms, waist.... everywhere.

"Y/n-!!" She huffed worryingly. "You should have told me.... oh my, Lord Barbatos, you could have internal injuries, you could-"

"I'm fineeee." You cut her in her words, grinning. "I got checked up with Amber already."

"Are you sure you don't want me to redo a checkup, Y/n?"

"No i actually came to... confess, of some sort?" You clarified.

"Forgive me, God of the Winds for I have sinned."

"What did you do, Y/n.... ?" Barbara stared at you worryingly. "Please tell me you didn't curse us or something?"

"Well..........."

"Oh, Y/n, please tell me-"

"My actions will tell you."

"What?"

You closed the distance between Barbara and yourself, pushing away a strand of hair from her face and pressed your lips against the soft skin of her forehead, gently.

"I love a girl named Barbara Gunnhildr." You declared. "She is just the most adorable person i have ever seen in all of Teyvat."

" .......... "

Barbara just felt her cheeks and forehead heat up, as her brain registered the words you had pronounced.

"M-M-Me..... ?" She stuttered, hiding her face in your front, ashamed of herself. "Why, of all sorts?"

"Because you're wonderful, Barbara." You answered, smiling at her, as she looked back at you, confused.

"B-But.... Are you sure it's not some kind of friendship?"

"No."

"Sure?"

"I love you, Barbara." You repeated, smiling. "But it's alright if you don't feel the same way. Just seeing you makes me happy."

"N-No, Y/n...." Barbara replied to you, her gaze locking with yours. "I think I also feel the same way..... it's just- so sudden, I don't know what to think...."

"Outrider Y/n." The voice declared, deep and orderly. "I heard all this."

"Ah-A-Acting Grandmaster... !" You choked back, surprised to hear Jean's voice echoing behind you.

"If ever you make my little sister suffer or do unholy things to her, I shall dump three quarters of my extra work onto you every single day." Jean declared. "Is that understood?"

You gulped, knowing how much workload that meant, and how annoying and tiring it was; Jean was the perfect example. "Yes Grandmaster Jean."

"Well, at least we confessed !" Barbara said, giving you a kiss on the cheek, blushing a little.