comfort - "thank you for being here, y/n." || collei

Note: This will ABSOLUTELY NOT be ROMANTIC or SEXUAL. What is happening between Collei and yourself is only friendship.

You left Mondstadt for Sumeru around 14/16 years old, with Collei (who was more or less 13 during the manga time) and both of you trained to be Forest Rangers.

Also, to the Amber x Collei shippers, if you ship them romantically, i will yeet you off Beidou's Alcor and let you get hit by Raiden's Electro shockwaves.

Otherwise, every other person that is against this ship - romantically speaking, Let's go find our sibling together. :]

[]

-
Collei had not always been as happy as the previous days whilst patrolling the Avidya Forest in Sumeru.

It was something you had noticed recently.

When both of you were done with the checkups and patrols Tighnari sent you on, Collei directly shut herself up in the room before she laid on the bed, and somehow, she had been fighting the same fever for a few days now, which started to get you worried.

As you arrived near the door of both Collei and yours' room, you knocked onto the wooden surface and spoke up softly, thinking that Collei was resting in silence.

"Collei? It's Y/n." You said in a hushed tone, your face close to the door, to hear her eventual response. "Can I come in?"

The mint-haired girl mumbled a confirmation before you opened the door and noticed that she laid on her right side on the bed located directly behind the door.

"Is everything alright, Collei?" You demanded.

"Mhm." She nodded. "I just feel a little tired, that's all, Y/n."

"Sure?" You inquired, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

To that, Collei gave no answer and you made one final attempt to know if you could help her in any way.

"Listen, Collei." You went on with your soothing voice, as the mint-haired girl listen to your words. "I know we're not the same age, and there are some things that I most certainly will not understand. But i wanted you to know that despite our age difference, I am still here for you no matter what happens."

Collei sniffled, her back turned to you, but you could have sworn that she was crying.

"Master Tighnari is being very... strict with me." She said, her jaw muscles tense. "I've caught a fever a few days ago so i can't work as much."

"Is that so?" You asked, your teeth gritted in annoyance. "I will talk to him later about it, don't worry."

"And the visions have been a lot more... persistent this time It's scaring me. There's a lot of pressure. And the bad memories... I'm scared they might resurface." Collei told you hesitantly, taking a deep breath. "Something is endangering us... i can feel it... all of Teyvat- But i don't know what exactly..."

"Mhm, really?" You hummed, taking all the information into consideration. "This should also be discussed. I shall return to Mondstadt and discuss the matter with Grandmaster Jean. If your visions do persist, that is."

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled quietly. "You're going to get reprimanded too because of me....."

A light chuckle escaped your lips.

"He might be the leader, Collei." You declared. "But i'm the eldest, so i score a point here."

The mint-haired girl turned to face you and smiled.

"Y/n, give me a hug." She demanded, drying the tears from her eyes.

"Sure, Collei, sure." You assured, as the younger girl wrapped her arms around your torso, her forearms hanging just over your hips.

"With you, I feel like anything is possible." Collei added with a smile as you placed one of your hands behind her neck, and the other one below her omoplate.

"It's fine." You said smiling back at the girl. "If ever you have a question or a problem about anything, talk to me. I'll be there for you."

Collei nodded, and sighed in relief. "Thank you for being here, Y/n."