2 - Lost (2)

Seeing both the McDonalds and the nail salon, Brandon excitedly started walking towards where he believed his house was. Denki was walking with Brandon, watching the other remember the way back to his house - and occasionally making a wrong turn and going back.

When the two stood in front of an average looking apartment building, Brandon was thanking God in his mind. Electricity went through his body as he grabbed Denki's arm and ran into the building with a big smile on his face.

The two made their way to the elevator and they went to the second highest floor, the sixth floor. Brandon was babbling in English but when he saw Denki staring at him in confusion yet still wearing a smile, he snatched the blonde's phone.

Brandon: We've found it! I wasn't sure if I'd be sleeping on the streets tonight. Honestly, Denki, you are a life-saver!

Denki: I see we're already on a first name basis? ;)

Brandon: Isn't that normal?

Both of the kids looked up at each other with confusion. Denki tried to tease the other but failed. Brandon was being friendly but ended up missing something. That's when it clicked for both that the other's country does other things.

Denki: You look American, you act American, but I forgot you are American.

Brandon: That is a strange sentence but I also forgot that Asian cultures (and British) tend to use last names unless they are close to the other. Do you want me to call you Kaminari?

Staring down at the screen, Denki tapped his finger onto the back to think. Humming for a minute and swaying his head as if to sway between options, it took Denki a minute or so before he typed back his answer: No, let us just call each other in our name.

Looking down at the translator, Brandon assumed that the translator might have adjusted it. So, he only took the "no" portion of that and rolled with it. Denki it is!

"Cool," Brandon grinned, holding out his hand saying, "Now, time for some skin."

"What?" Denki asked in an awkward English accent.

Chuckling, Brandon took Denki's hand and showed him one of the handshakes that he and his friends used to use. When they finished, Denki held out his hand similarly to Brandon and said, "Again."

The two did it again until Denki finally got used to it. Every time, Denki was in awe of it since he hadn't done a handshake since it was little. Nowadays, teens don't use it much but it's always fun to go back to the old days.

The elevator opened to reveal two women and a man worriedly talking in Japanese.

"Kare wa mō koko ni iru hazudesu," A young woman wearing glasses paced back and forth in the hall. She has similar sandy hair but has clear blue eyes and is wearing a white suit.

(t/n: He should be here)

"Anata wa keisatsu ni denwa surubekidesu," The landlady nervously told them. Her grey hair was going to get worse that day. Within a single day, one of her residence's kids is late returning home. Everyone knows that there are weirdos lurking at every corner.

(t/n: You should call the police)

Taking a deep breath, the man looked very troubled as he looked at the little old woman, "Tochuu de kare o mimashita ka?" He has pastel red hair, bright red eyes, and is wearing a black suit.

(t/n: Did you see him on the way?)

"Mom, Dad," Brandon called out, waving at his parents and the old landlady. All three of them snapped their heads towards the believed to be missing boy. Both of the parents ran to his side, engulfing him within their arms before pulling away.