VI

Well y'all seem to be enjoying the insults between Josie and Hope😂 I'll be sure to keep those going throughout the story.

I hope you enjoy : )

———————

"So mom doesn't know you brought us here?" Andrea asks Hope as the waiter sets their pizza down on the table.

Hope shakes her head, "Uh, no, not yet."

Andrea raises an eyebrow at her, "You know this is technically kidnapping, right?"

"Stranger danger," Pedro adds.

"What? No, it's not. I've known you two since you were born, and Lizzie's here too...somewhere," She says looking around for her. She said she was going to the restroom, but Hope can see her obviously flirting with a guy at another table, "That explains that..." She looks back to the kids, getting straight to the point, "Okay, so here's the deal...How would you like to be my pretend children for one afternoon?"

Andrea asks, sounding a lot like her mother, "Why don't you just tell that poor girl the truth?"

"You know??" Hope asks shocked.

Andrea shrugs, "Our mom tells us everything, Dr. Wedding Ring," She teases.

Hope deadpans at the kid, but Andrea only continues to tease.

She talks in a nasally tone, flipping her hair side to side like Josie did before, impersonating Maya, "Oh my goodness! Did you see Gossip Girl last night? It was so good!" She continues flipping her hair for effect.

"Okay, she's seriously not like that. Your mother's portraying her in a very weird way," Andrea chuckles, but stops her hair flipping, "Telling the truth isn't exactly in the cards right now, alright? I thought you'd be excited about this, it's like an acting job for you to get some experience," Hope suggests.

"If it's an acting job, we should get paid," Andrea counters.

Hope nods, "And you're gonna get paid, in experience."

Andrea shakes her head, taking a sip from her drink, "I want to actually get paid."

Hope sighs, "Okay, you really are your mother's daughter. Name your price, kid."

Andrea raises an eyebrow, "$600 for the day, plus overtime if we go over eight hours. I'll do my own hair and makeup. And, I want you to pay for the six-week intensive acting camp that my mom can't afford."

Hope counters, "$50 for the day, and a two-week acting class here in town."

Andrea narrows her eyes, "$500 and a four-week acting class."

"$300 and a three-week class."

Andrea grins, "Done," She reaches her hand out to shake on it, which Hope accepts before admitting,

"I would've done it for $500."

Andrea only smirks, "I would've done it for the experience."

Hope deadpans and leans back in her seat, "Alright Pedro, you're up. What's your opener?"

Pedro doesn't even think it over, "I want you to take me to Hawaii, so I can swim with the dolphins."

Hope sighs, "You're not gonna let that one go, are you? We can't go to Hawaii, pal. Anything else?"

Pedro takes a sip from his drink, eyeing Hope over the rim, "Looks like you gotta find yourself a new fake son, then."

Andrea smiles proudly at her brother's stare-down skills.