XVIII

Homestretch guys!
I know I said this story would stop at 20 chapters, but I think it'll end up being a few more than that. So, just a heads up on that.
Hope you enjoy this chapter:)

—————————

"Welcome. I am Tanner Patrick, Jr. We're ready for tonight's legendary Oceano's Hula Competition!" The man says from on the stage of the restaurant.

"Legendary? Never heard of it!" Alyssa mocks.

"Legendary like the day you were once sober, so..." The man fires back, earning several laughs from the crowd, even one from Hope. But Josie puts two fingers to her lips to keep from laughing.

Hope mumbles to Josie, "That was a good one."

The man continues on the stage, "She talks the talk, but who will walk the walk...and walk with me to the ladies lounge?"

Jed turns to his wife, "I think you should do it Alyssa," He turns to Hope as he points to the woman, "Because she would win."

Alyssa chuckles like she's about to dismiss the compliment, but she suddenly stands, her face completely serious, and Josie jumps at the sudden movement.

"I'll do it!"

Jed turns to Josie, "Josie? What about you?"

Hope raises her eyebrow at the brunette, suddenly interested as Alyssa shakes her head, "Oh, honey, this isn't really Josie's thing. Right, Josie?"

Josie shakes her head, waving her hands, "Oh, no, no, not my..Her speed, not mine."

Hope deflates as Josie narrows her eyes at her partner.

And Alyssa shrugs, "Some people are just more comfortable on the sidelines," She nods to reiterate her own words.

Condescending bitch.

Josie glares at the woman as she feels Hope rub her back to reel her back in.

Alyssa doesn't even notice as she leans down and Jed tells her, "Your honesty, your fearlessness, and your tickle spot."

Alyssa replies, "Your creativity, your bravery, and your taffy nipples," She turns to make her way over toward the stage, "Let's go! How do I win this thing?"

Hope looks over to her faux wife as Josie downs an entire shot, raising an eyebrow in question and the woman coughs at the burning sensation down her throat, "What are you...?"

Josie gets a determined look in her eyes as she sets her napkin on the table, "I'm gonna do this hula thing."

"Really? You're gonna.." She watches as Josie reaches for another shot after she's already to her feet, "Okay."

"Oh, don't feel any pressure, Josie," Jed assures her.

Josie throws back the next shot quickly, ignoring the taste as she sets the small glass on the table, "Oh, trust me, I'm not gonna be feeling much of anything now."

Hope smirks at the brunette, "Break a leg, honey."

————————

"Ladies and gentlemen, a warm welcome for tonight's hula girls..." The crowd cheers as the women make their way out onto the stage, in different style coconut bras and grass skirts.

Of course Alyssa comes out first, waving toward the crowd.

But Hope doesn't pay her much attention, especially when she sees her assistant come out in her own coconut bra and skirt, a small flower in her hair as well.