XVI

Sorry for the delay, I've been super busy today, but I knew I had to update for y'all, so I hope you enjoy the chapter!

——————————

"How about the Verite Cabernet?" Jed hums as he and Alyssa consider the option. They've been trying to order drinks for about 7 minutes and 36 seconds, by Josie's count. She's been glancing over at Hope's watch, waiting for them to finally just order a drink. The waiter is somehow remaining patient, though.
"Isn't Cabernet really grapey? I mean, I like grapey, but not overly grapey..."

Josie holds her menu in front of her face as she turns to Hope, who follows suit.

The brunette whispers, "Did you go over the index cards?"

"I glanced at them, yes."

"You glanced at them?" Josie scolds, nervously. She told Hope to study the cards and memorize them for tonight.

"I graduated med school without reading a single book, Jo. Just relax," Hope whispers back.

And Jed finally comes to a conclusion as the two put their menus back down, "Just give us the most expensive bottle you have and it'll probably be good enough," He chuckles, and Hope fakes a laugh when he looks toward her.

The waiter smiles, "Perfect! And for you two?"

Hope answers quickly, since the waiter seems to dread waiting another 10 minutes for a simple drink order, "She'll have a dirty martini, extra olive. I'll have a bourbon on the rocks."

Josie fails to fight a smile as Hope so easily fits the role of her wife. Hope knows her so well, knows exactly what she likes and what she doesn't.

The waiter smiles at Hope, obviously grateful that the woman ordered quick, "Thank you, I'll be right back with your drinks."

Alyssa clasps her hands together as the waiter walks away, finally paying attention to something other than the drink menu, "Look at us, Josie. Both so happily married. I mean..."

Josie nods in agreement, "I know, can you believe it?"

Alyssa smiles turning to her husband, "Everything I've always hoped for, right, my little Yogi bear?"

Alyssa suddenly speaks in a voice like one may talk to a baby, and the two lean oddly close to each other, as Jed responds, "My baby Boo-Boo."

Both Josie and Hope furrow their eyebrows when the two start rubbing noses, speaking gibberish in the same baby voice.

Hope texts Josie quickly on her phone, 'I think they took one of your pills.'

Josie has to bite her lip to stop herself from chuckling, glancing from the odd couple to Hope, and then to her phone to quickly reply, 'I just hope their noses are clean.'

Hope doesn't stop herself from chuckling lightly, locking her phone as she sets it back down.

And Jed finally pulls his nose away from Alyssa's, "Hold on a second, I love the way you smell," He turns to Hope and Josie, "Nothing smells as good as my little Chang right here."

Hope glances to Josie, and the brunette doesn't dare look her in the eyes, knowingly, and the auburnette jokes unbeknownst to the couple, "Smelling Chang, always a good thing."

Josie pinches the bridge of her nose as a laugh escapes her lips, but she quickly contains herself.

——————

"This is really where we're eating?" Maya asks 'Bruce' as they pull up outside a really sketchy, rundown shack of a restaurant. Though her voice remains very open and polite.