XXI

Josie clears her throat as they finally approach the door to her suite, and she turns to face Hope, "Um—that was good—that was really fun," She smiles genuinely, though she feels a bit awkward after their little...moment before, "You know, I think that was the first time that you and I have gone out, you know, just us since college."

Hope nods with a soft smile, "I know, since..that night," Josie nods as a blush rises to her cheeks. She's starting to realize why she'd avoided spending too much alone time with Hope since then. She loses all control when they're alone. Hope smirks subtly, "It was nice. I'm glad we did this. I do feel bad for tweety bird, though."

Josie shakes her head and laughs, the tension she felt before leaving her muscles, "Oh, really? How come?" She grins, wondering what teasing remark Hope will make next.

"You know, now that you've been out with a real woman...And by real woman, I mean a woman who showers," She teases.

And Josie laughs even more as she quirks an eyebrow at her boss, "You know...?" She rests her hands against Hope's chest as the auburnette gives her a playfully inquisitive look, "I think it's so adorable how obsessed you are with this girl."

Hope tilts her head, being a bit more serious now, "I just can't picture you two out on a date, you know what I mean?"

Maybe it's the alcohol talking or the near kiss and words of affirmation from before, but Josie doesn't stop herself from sliding her hands up from Hope's chest, bringing them behind Hope's neck as she asks, "Who ever said it was a date?"

She raises an eyebrow, and Hope furrows her own, as they say in unison, "You."

Josie scoffs lightheartedly, "I never said that."

And Hope's hands instinctively find Josie's waist as the brunette still wraps her arms around her neck, "You just act different when you talk to her, that's all."
She shrugs it off.

Josie sighs softly, before explaining what Hope may have been picking up on, "Listen, Dr. Sowande is moving her practice to LA. Finch isn't gonna go with her, and she...she's just been asking me if I'd want to, you know, replace her..."

Hope pauses for a moment, "You're going?"

Josie grins at how Hope's expression immediately changed, "...No..." She chuckles as Hope shakes her head with a sigh, though a small smile finds her lips.

"You can't do that to me, Jo."

"I just wanted to see how you'd react," Her smile grows as she tilts her head with a fake pout, "Look at you, You can't live without me. Who would forge your signature on all of your receipts?"

Hope chuckles at that, "That was mean."

"Oh, poor baby..." Josie mocks.

"And you could've told me that earlier. Were you just messing with me? Trying to get me a little jealous, weren't you?"

Josie feigns ignorance, as she was definitely messing with Hope, but trying to make her jealous...?
"What? No, I was just having fun teasing you. Why? Were you—Were you jealous?"

Hope chuckles, "No. Me? Jealous? No."

Josie only grins, though she was sort of hoping for a different response. She's not sure why.

"So there's nothing? You and..." Hope removes her hands from Josie waist to do the flappy thing with them she always does when she's teasing Josie about the Finch girl.

Josie shakes her head.

"Nothing? No love connection?"

Josie shakes her head again, smiling as Hope's hands return to her hips, "No. Mmm-mmm. Nothing."