Chapter 3

Watching Damon cooking pancakes was an interesting sight. Moving his body to the music his CD player was playing. Flipping pancakes while drinking bourbon. I couldn't hold in my laughter at the murderous vampire making breakfast.

"What are you laughing at?" He doesn't even look up at me. Continuing to flip the pancakes.

"Nothing." I muttered. Trying to hide my smile.

"Ahem" Bonnie walked in holding a book and...a teddy bear.

Damon immediately straightened up when she walked in. Stopping his dancing as his smile went down to his normal smirk.

"I didn't know you cook." Bon said, walking up to the island.

"I don't."

"He doesn't."

Damon and I said at the same time. The two of us looking at each other with me chuckling and him rolling his eyes.

"How'd you sleep? Me- - not good. My 1994 mattress was very lumpy. What'd you got there?" Damon complained, flipping the pancake.

"Oh. Miss cuddles. I lost her when i was 9, but I went into my house last night, and there she was. I also found this at my Gram's house, her old grimoire." Bonnie explained. Holding up the bear then a big old book.

"Yeah? Well, I found this." Damon held up the bottle, walking over to the stereo on the counter. "Drank it last year when Ric died." He twirled the CD collection around for a album.

"So we're in this snapshot of another time or something. Everything that existed in 1994...still exists." Bon said, trying to get his attention.

"For better or for worse." Damon chose a CD. Giving it a kiss before putting it in the player.

Bon walked over and immediately stoped it. Her tone snappy. "Listen, there was a time I couldn't practice magic. This grimoire taught me a lot. Maybe I can reteach myself."

Damon ignored her hope and turned the music back on. "Maybe if your still a witch. Which with me and Nat's luck and your skill, probably ain't the case."

"Damon there's no need to be so rude." I piped in. Resting my head on my hands. Those two make me want to rip my own ears off sometimes, just so I won't have to hear them bicker every five seconds.

"Would a little support kill you?" Bonnie argued back. I know she's trying to make light of the situation, but Damon was never the positive type.

"I am acutely aware that we are in some otherworldly time dimension. However, did you ever think for one second that maybe it's you being negative reacting to my natural self negatively, hmm?"

"That's beyond stupid, Damon." I deadpanned. I love Damon, but sometimes he really is a grade A moron.

"You're ridiculous." Bon still held her ground.

"Nope. I'm consistent. Eat your pancakes, Nat's already eaten hers." He set the plate in front of Bonnie, turning around and tossing her the newspaper. "Oh...and, do a crossword puzzle."

"Oh, gee, thanks. Breakfast with my least favorite person..."

I cut her off in mock offense, "Hey! What did i do?"

She looked over her shoulder with a soft smile. "Not you, Nat. You're my favorite person, don't worry." I smiled triumphantly looking at Damon who's rolling his eyes. Shocker.

I started to doze off their conversation. After what I
considered a nightmare last night, I couldn't sleep. I stayed up all night and when the sun came up I checked all the rooms for any sight of women's clothing. Surprisingly enough there was women's clothing in a closet in a room on the other side of the house. I tried my best to make it look like I slept well, when in reality i've been up all night like an insomniac would.