Chapter 2

"What's wrong? You don't look so good

"What's wrong? You don't look so good." I looked over his features trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

"I'm okay, darling, don't worr" He cuts himself off by falling to the ground.

"What's going on? You shouldn't be feeling like this? We need to go find Bonnie now. Come on, I'll help you up." I finally got him on his feet walking across the street, close to the woods where we can find Bonnie and get the hell out of here.

"Darling, really, i'm fine. I can walk" He tries to brush me off, but fails as i'm clinging onto him.

"Shut up and let me help you!" I shouted over the loud wind that was picking up. The wind started to get too strong as it made us sway a bit. "Come on, come on."

His legs gave out on him as he collapsed onto the ground. I was quick to bend down to check what's wrong. His hands were starting to turn gray. The familiar color I despised.

"Its okay, baby. I'm sure it's the other sides doing."

Jolting awake in bed, looking around the room. My wishes of sleeping through the night without plaguing memories weren't granted. I was too exhausted to stay up this time. Deciding to lay back and let sleep take over once more.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're going to have to let me go." His soft voice trying to comfort me.

My hand was tightly holding his as the other was holding onto a tree. Fighting against the wind taking us. The other side was trying to pull him into a dark abyss just like it's done to every supernatural here.

"Kol, please don't make me let go. Just hold on, okay! Please!" I sobbed as I felt his grip loosening.

"Look at me, Lyla. You're going to be okay. Go find Bennet and go home. Go visit my family, tell them I actually miss those imbeciles."

"Kol, please! I love you. Please. I don't want to lose you again. I can't!" My hand was trying its hardest to hold onto his. Not willing to let him slip through my fingers.

"We've already said our goodbyes many times, my love. This is just like the rest. But i'm afraid it's permanent." His eyes staring into hers. Feeling the wind pulling him. The other side wanting nothing more than to part him from his girl. "I love you, sweetheart. Always and forever."

"Please don't let go." Pleading with him while trying to hold onto the tree and his hand.

"It's too late for me. I'm not letting you die, darling. I've lived many lifetimes. Yours has just begun. Go explore the world like you've dreamed...I love you, my sweet Natalya."

"Kol! Just hold on, it's-"

My body jumped up. Chest heaving and feeling my face wet with tears. Tossing the covers that were sticking to my sweaty body off me and hugging my knees to my chest.

I hated that my mind was making me live through that night again. I don't want to remember it. All I want to do is sleep with no dreams. Just a dreamless night.

I've been trying my best to stay strong, but i'm at my breaking point. You would think losing Kol three times would make it easier, but it doesn't. It hurt every single time.

My heart aches every time I think of him. Even hearing his name makes it hard to breathe sometimes. The man I wanted to spend eternity with, to travel the world with, the man that made me feel human—was gone.

How can I have hope to go back home when the only hope I had died right in front of me? Why would I want to even go back? I don't have the motivation. I don't even have the will to live. Secretly, I wished the other side would've just taken me down with it. Taken me to die with Kol. But I would never tell anyone that.

I needed to give Bonnie hope. To convince her she can get us out of here. To make sure Damon doesn't get so irritated he kills Bon. They need me, even though deep down I know I need them just as much. No matter how in denial I am.

🍄
hi guys!! this is just a filler into Nat's mind! how do we feel with her goodbye with Kol?! remember mother Esther is always popping up and has her ways with her children. do we think Kol is really gone for good?