Chapter 8

Nat

"Nat, get up. Nat? Nat!" I hear an annoying voice calling my name.

"Go away." I mumbled against the pillow. After the incident last night with Kai, we all went to bed. Once my face hit the pillow I was out like a light, thanks to the vodka.

"Will you just get your ass up? We're leaving in 20, so hurry up." Damon said before leaving the room. I want to get up, but I'm just too tired to even move. I can lay in bed all day if I could.

After a few minutes, I heard another pair of footsteps get closer. Feeling the cold air as my blanket was thrown off me. "Wake up, sleepyhead."

Opening up my eyes to see Kai standing over me with a big smile on his face. I put my pillow over my head while letting out a small groan. "Go away, Kai. Let me rot in this bed."

The edge of the bed sank in which I'm assuming he sat down. "Okayyy. I mean we're all getting ready to go home, but if you want to 'rot away' in bed, that's up to you."

At hearing about going home, I sat up. Rubbing my tired eyes. "What? I thought after last night, Bon wouldn't let us leave?" I said in a hoarse voice.

"I told you I was persistent, sweetheart. Now,
get up or we'll leave without you." He got up leaving the room before saying, "Nice Pjs."

I look down and realize I'm in a big t-shirt and underwear. Tossing the pillow at him while he closed the door laughing.

***********

After getting woken up, I quickly changed. Bonnie, Damon, and I have been walking through the woods trying to find the perfect place for the eclipse to hit the ascendant. We don't really know where Kai went, he kinda just disappeared, again.

Damon has been whistling the entire time all in a chipper mood. And as much as I love the raven haired man in a good mood, his constant whistling is making me homicidal.

"You're in a good mood for the first time this decade." Bonnie seemed to have noticed as well.

"Because I have a hot date with my girl tonight." Damon explained.

"Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth." Bonnie quipped.

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie. You know what? Screw the dinner and a movie. Skip straight to the good part." Damon ignored Bonnie's comment while playing with a long stick like a fencing sword.

"Vomit." I muttered under my breath, but the poke in my side let me know he heard.

"Yeah. And assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know until I see it." Bon said, walking in front of Damon and I.

"Bonnie, don't underestimate yourself. I'm 100 percent certain you can pull this off." I try and convince her. She always does that, puts herself down. Though when I'm around, I never let her say anything negative about herself. Always throwing compliments at her. Who wouldn't cherish the witch?

"Whatever happened to hope, Bon? Remember when I was all like, 'Boo, grr,' and you were all 'hooray, hooray. We're getting out of here!'" Damon exaggerated.

Chucking and agreeing with Damon. "Look. I want to go home more than anything, but Kai's a sociopath. Who's to say he won't screw us over?" Bonnie said.

"Me. I say because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home." Damon exclaimed still playing with the stick as a sword.

"Exactly." I agree with the vampire. Kai and I may be on okay terms, but that doesn't mean I won't snap his neck like a stick if he screws us over.