Chapter 11

When we got back to the boarding house, Kai set the broken pieces of the ascendant onto the living room table

"Aren't you going to help me?" Kai was sitting down across from me on the couch, while I just had a drink in my hand watching him attempt to fix it.

"Never been one for puzzles." I shrugged. I honestly don't have the patience for those type of games.

"You can try." He deadpanned.

"You act like you're better than everyone, so I'm sure you can handle it. Besides I have things to do." I get up.

"And what things are more important than helping me?" Kai acts offended.

"Making a sandwich and finally finishing Full House." I walked away to the kitchen before I hear him grumble under his breath.

***********

I've been watching TV for a few hours now and noticed it was already dark outside. I had totally forgot about Kai trying to fix the ascendant. It was so quiet I assumed he left. Right when I was walking to head upstairs I saw Kai heading for the stairs as well.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Going to bed." He says like it's obvious.

"Heh. You don't really think you're staying here do you?" I scoffed. What makes him think I'd let him sleep under the same roof as me?

"I just spent the past few hours trying to fix the ascendant, without any help. So, forgive me for wanting to get some sleep." Kai exaggerates.

"You're not staying here, Kai." I said.

"And why not?"

"Because I don't like nor trust you, so go back to your evil lair, kay?" I block the stairs with my body.

"Oh, come on. You really want to stay here, in this big house by yourself? All alone." He took a few steps closer to me.

"You forget I watched over the three of you. I know you don't like to be in this house alone at night. In fact, I've caught you sneaking into Damon or Bonnie's room in the middle of the night, begging them to let you sleep with them because you didn't want to be alone." Kai boasted with that stupid smirk on his face.

I was at a loss for words. I can't believe he knew that. Even though everything he said was true, I just didn't want to admit it to him of all people. I don't want to be in this house alone, especially at night but I just hate how he knows he's right.

"Whatever. Just don't bug me." I walk away to my room.

"Yes, ma'am!" Kai saluted as he followed me upstairs.

I look to my right and see he chose the room down the hall. Thank god, it's a few rooms down and not next door. Meeting his eyes and he wore that stupid smirk that's plastered on his face.

"Night, Angel." He said waiting for my reply.

I just rolled my eyes walking into my room. God help me. Why did I have to be the one stuck here with him?

***********

From my bed I can hear this annoying persistent knocking on my bedroom door. Groggily getting out of bed and walking towards the door. Lord and behold when I open it's the person I hate most in this world.

"Dude, come on." Grumbling as I ran my hand down my face.

"Finally! I've been knocking for 10 minutes now. Get dressed." Kai said excitedly.

"Why are you waking me up so early? Unless it's about going home, then go away."

"Early? Angel, it's noon." The siphon laughed.

"Exactly, early. Now go away." Before I can close the door he stops it with his hand.

"Look. I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet, and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days, so in the real world, which we'll get back to soon. Today's my favorite day of the year." Kai explained.

"And what day is that?" I'm already annoyed. He talks too much.

"Thanksgiving. I'm cooking you dinner. Cute pjs by the way." He winks before walking away.

I looked down at my blue tank top and my short shorts. Oh god, I'm gonna have Thanksgiving with that idiot. I didn't even know that was today. Day two of being stuck with him and he's already making me dinner. I guess dinner wouldn't hurt.