Chapter 5

"And of course, I broke into the oval office and took a picture of myself at the window looking all J

"And of course, I broke into the oval office and took a picture of myself at the window looking all J.F.K, but then I was like, 'Wait. How am I gonna get these photos developed?'" Kai has been talking about his time here in the prison world tied up to the chair in the middle of the living room for the past, well, I actually lost track.

"Oh, my god! Just answer the damn question." Damon said annoyed, sitting on the couch next to me across the new guy.

"Damon...I kind of wanted to hear the rest of the story." I say lowly while Kai looks at me with a smirk on his face.

Damon cuts me off, looking at me briefly. "Nat, stop encouraging the weasel. Now, how are we gonna get out of this twilight zone?"

"I got a question for you first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994, doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" Kai said, looking at Damon. I would say i'm curious, but I already have an idea of why he thinks he's here.

"How the hell should I know?" Damon remarked, while drinking his bourbon.

"Well, I heard you tell Bonnie and Angel this place was your own personal hell. I'm kind of curious why." Kai looks over at me for a few seconds, then Damon.

"Why do you keep calling me by my middle name? How do you even know that?" How does this dude even know what my middle name is? I don't remember ever saying it?

"I have my ways. Plus, I like it better than Nat. It's ironic isn't it? You're a killing machine and your middle name is Angel. Now, tell us, Damon, why do you think you're here?" Kai looks at me with this look that makes me shift on the couch. Does everyone think of me that way...a killing machine? I mean they're not wrong, but still I don't like the way it sounds.

"Shut up, lurker. Damon doesn't have to tell you shit. And my name is Natalya. Only my friends call me Nat and no one calls me by my middle name." I retorted with narrowed eyes.

My parents were the only ones that called me by my middle name. Him calling me that just reminds me of them. And I don't know if I hate it or find it strangely comforting.

"Whatever you say...Angel." Kai smirks, winking at me.

Before I can snap at him, Bonnie walks in. "I found everything you asked for. Can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume 'O' of the encyclopedia, a nail, and a black marker. Now what?" Bonnie listed, shaking the bag so all the items fell on the table in front of me.

"Can't show you with my hands taped." Kai tried to lift his taped hands looking at us. Oh please tell me Bon isn't gonna let him go?

"Bonnie." Damon and I said in unison. At least, even, Damon knows we shouldn't let this lurker go.

I vamp sped in front of Kai, my back facing him as I stared at Bonnie. "Woah, woah. You're really not thinking of letting him free, are you, Bonnie?"

The witch is still holding the pocket knife, "Nat, we need information. Please move." No matter how nicely she said it, I wasn't going to let this man who we don't know a thing about go.