Chapter 10

What did i do? I promised myself I would never let my anger get the best of me like that ever again

What did i do? I promised myself I would never let my anger get the best of me like that ever again. I killed him. Shit, I...tore him apart. I finally look up and see his ripped up body a few feet away from me. I hate him. I hate him for trapping me here. I hate him for getting me so mad I lost my shit. I. Fucking. Hate. Kai.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes after what I did. Grabbing a jacket from my bag putting it on my bloody, dirt covered, naked body. I grabbed my bag and the broken ascendant from the ground heading home. My real home.

***********

After a needed hot shower, I changed into my parents clothes. I know it sounds stupid that a homicidal hybrid locked every window and door in this house, but I did. I'm not afraid of that asshole, I just don't know what he's capable of yet. Better to give myself a head start if I can hear him try to pick the locks.

I've been thinking and as much as I want to excuse what I did because Kai kept me here, I can't. I shouldn't have done that. I regret it. I can still see him lying under me all bloody and helpless. I can hear his screams every time I close my eyes.

Sitting in my parents bed while playing with the ascendant in my hands. My parents bedroom looks different than it did last I seen it. In the corner of the room there's a baby crib. There's pictures all over their room. When Bonnie, Damon, and I got comfortable enough to do things on our own, my old house was the first place I went too. I would come here whenever I was in a bad mood, annoyed by my two friends constantly bickering, or I just wanted to be alone. Being in my parents room gave me this comfort my two friends couldn't. I never let them know where I went. I would just lie and say I went for a walk or went to the park. I didn't want to seem pathetic—I didn't want to look like some child crying for their parents.

I got knocked out of my thoughts when I heard knocking at my front door. Oh fuck. He's alive...again. I quickly grabbed my mom's old steel bat from her closet. Running to my future room and under the desk. I opened the air vent against the wall and hid the ascendant in there.

The knocking increased and I could hear Kai calling my name over and over again. Going down the stairs, heading for the door with the bat in my hand. Opening the door to see him standing there in one piece.

"Hi." Kai glanced at the bat in my hand and the glare on my face. "Relax, I'm not here to hurt you. Well, unless you give me a reason too. Can I come in?"

I looked him up and down. He must've showered and changed into clean clothes before coming here. I finally stepped aside to let him come in.

"How'd you know I was here?" Closing the door before turning around and watching him look around my house.

"You're always here. Nice place by the way." He finally turns around giving me his full attention. Of course he knew I was here. He's a fucking stalker.

"Alright cut the shit. You're here for the ascendant, right?" I rest my back against the door.

"You catch on so fast. Thanks for earlier by the way, never died like that before. Gotta say wouldn't be on my top five." He said jokingly.

I guilty look down for a second before finally looking at him. "You see, I would give you the ascendant, but then you'd just take it and leave without me."

"Heh. No, no, Angel. I'm not gonna leave without you, but I need the ascendant. Now." Kai walked closer.

Before he could get too close I put the end of the bat to his chest keeping a distance between us. "I'm not stupid, Kai. I know the second you get annoyed by me, you'll just try and kill me or leave without me. I need to know that's not gonna happen."

I could see the agitation across his face. Knowing his patience was running low. "Alright, look. You're right. I came here to kill you and I mean it's only fair since you tore me apart."

What's stopping him then? Why didn't he kill me the second he walked through the door? Why—oh, he can't. He's a siphon and from what I remember Bonnie telling me. He needs to absorb magic to produce his own. He can't kill me, because he needs me. That's all the insurance I need I guess..for now.

"You won't kill me." I smirk.

"And why's that?"

I put the bat down and walk towards him. Looking into his blue eyes. "You won't kill me, because you need me. Don't think I forgot about your knock off witch powers. You need my magic. Without me, your nothing but a powerless man. Heh."

The anger was written all over his face. As if I didn't just insult him he puts a smile on his face. Fucking psycho. "Alright. Just give me the ascendant so I can fix it and we can leave."

I smirk in satisfaction that my point was right. Let's just hope he doesn't have a manic breakdown and kills me in my sleep.

I walk upstairs into my bedroom with Kai trailing behind me. Grabbing the ascendant from my hiding spot and handing it to him. "Just so you know, if you cross me I will kill you...again."

"Noted. Let's go." He walked out the door and once he realized I wasn't following he says "Come on. We got work to do."

I sighed and followed after him. I better not be walking to my death.

🍄
Hi guys!! Finally it's going to just be Nat and Kai for a while. Lemme know how you guys like it so far! And what suggestions you guys would like? :)