Chapter 6

"So she got mad at you when you encouraged her to do better than you are, thinking you're mocking and looking down at her?" Archer looked at the boy in front of him who spoke to him about what transpired.

"That's right."

"I figured this would happen." Archer simply chuckled with an arrogant smirk while crossing his arms.

"You bastard. You knew this would happen?" Shirou felt his eye twitch with anger at the Guardian.

"Calm down. Rin Tohsaka is a serious and insightful person. Not to mention she's a competitive yet resourceful person as I said before... Not sure about the resourceful part due to her finances." Archer grinned.

"Yeah... You weren't joking. She really is competitive."

"Her ego must have been hurt so much that she deemed you her rival." Archer sighed.

"You're finding all of this amusing aren't you?"

"All of it."

"Remind me again how I turn out to be such a jerk in the future?"

"Because the path that you take leads you into an unbreakable contract which shall leave you to become a mass murderer."

I can't argue with that. Shirou scratched his chin with concern. "You...wanna talk about it?"

"Ho? You do say the most stupidest things don't you?"

"I am you after all. So I get my stupidity off of you."

"...Brat." Archer's amused smile turned to a scorn. "There's a reason I can't help but resent you."

"The same can be said to you, jerk."

-~-

Rin Tohsaka huffed as she rolled in her bed. She can't get the auburn-haired boy out of her mind no matter how much she tries. She prides herself in her academic studies. Always proud of how she excels in her work and is at the top of her class. Then he decided to improve out of nowhere!

Shirou Emiya.

She stuffed her face deeper into her pillow.

She isn't saying that it's a bad thing that he's improved his studies. She's saying that his studies have gone through the roof out of nowhere. She isn't envious...

"I don't get it...no matter how much I study, he still beats me." She finds herself doubting that Shirou devotes himself to studying all the time. She's kept... "tabs" on him. Although it's often hard to follow him.

She remembers trying to follow Shirou after school only to find Sakura Matou happily walking by his side. She tried to be at a certain distance so that the two of them wouldn't detect her,  but she remembered making eye contact with Sakura out of nowhere. She was able to detect her easily and she was given a very empty yet menacing gaze before she happily smiled at her.

She shudders at the thought. Regardless she did manage to observe him a few times. A few times throughout the school days she would see what he does in his free time, needless to say, she's not surprised when she sees that he helps out students and staff alike. He truly harbors the title of the Fake Janitor. She also knows that he is part of the Archery Club and has seen him a few times in action. His Bow skills are shocking.

"I will give him credit, it seems like he's adapting better than the others. At least I have a goal to reach, beat Emiya-Kun in the exams! And be at the top of the class once again this school year!"

"!!!" Rin Tohsaka stared at the billboard outside of Homurahara Academy and stared at the classes where students will be going for their second year. Her eyes became hollow as she realized she was not placed in the same class as her rival.