Chapter 3: Welcome To The Bizzare

.

"Hmm...."

Whitley hummed as his eyes flinched. His body stirred as his eyes slowly opened. Whitley had awoke from his sleep as he yawned while still laid down on his bed.

His half asleep eyes glanced around the room, then on his bed. A hand slowly moving to grab his scroll which was on his bed.

"Hmm...?" Whitley had felt his scroll in the palm of his hand, his fingers not even in grabbing motion.

His brain seemed to have ignored the fact his scroll came into his hand before his hand came to the device.

7:47

His eyes saw the time on his scroll. As his mind finally started to wake up. He thought of sleeping in for a bit more, but decided against it.

He rolled his body to the edge of the bed, then he sat up on the edge as his feet touched the carpet floor of his room.

His feet pushed off the ground—

"...!?"

—Whitley looked down in shock he saw his feet just iches off the ground, hovering above it.

"What in Remnant!?" Whitley exclaimed at the out of nowhere floating of his own body.

His floating didn't last very long as he felt his feet touch the ground again and the natural pull of Remnant's gravity pulling him down.

Whitley blinked at the sudden events as his mind was making sense of it all.

"....Was that my semblance? Did I unconsciously unlocked my aura...?" He would make a mental note to check with the experts about it.

"I'll look into this later...."

—[ S.B.L ]—

Whitley wore his usual clothes, a short-sleeved white dress shirt with a black necktie and a blue vest over it all, navy blue trousers and black dress shoes.

Whitley walked through the halls of the Manor with a sightly relaxed posture. His hands resting in his pants pockets as he walked.

"....Oh, master Whitley, good morning." Woman with brown hair and eyes, in her mid-twenties and wearing a maid outfit. She bowed to Whitley as she greeted him.

Whitley gave a nod to her. "Good morning, is there any prepared breakfast on the table? I'm looking for something to eat right about now."

"No, but I will get right to it. Anything you would like to request?" The maid asked as Whitley thought for a second.

"Hmm...waffles and a cup of tea." Whitley responded to her.

"Very well, master Whitley." The maid nodded as both her and Whitley went to the dining area of the Manor.

—[ S.B.L ]—

Whitley sat on the giant dining table that could fit several guest. He sat on one of the far end of the corner of the table. His eyes glancing around the room as they saw giant windows on one wall while a bunch of pictures on the opposite wall.

"Here you go, master Whitley." The maid set down the plate of waffles on the table and a cup of tea along with it.

Whitley looked at her and nodded to her in thanks. "Thank you. You may leave me be."

The maid nodded as she left him alone in the giant dining room. He sat there alone on the table as he stared at the nice plate of waffles and the cup of tea beside it.