Sleep <Leo angst>

(NOT A SHIP ONESHOT‼️😾)

Leo turned over in his bed. He held his blanket closer to his body to find any sort of comfort. He was exhausted, his body was exhausted. But for some reason he couldn't sleep. No matter what he did.

His eyes were heavy, and when he'd shut them, nothing happened. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't think properly, and he kept seeing things in the shadows.

It got so bad he had to turn on his nightlight from when he was a tot. It illuminated his room in a dark blue. Making sure there were no shadows. He felt restless and paranoid. His body wouldn't stop shaking or he couldn't stop twisting and turning.

Unbeknownst to him, he had been involuntarily grunting every time he moved. Which of course awoken his brothers.

He jerked up in his bed when his door opened and three figures were standing there. He stayed sitting and rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things again.

They walking into his room and walked to either side of his bed.

"Leo, are you okay? You keep making noise and we can hear you tossing and turning. The walls aren't thick." He looked tiredly at his brothers and nodded. "Yeah, just insomnia.." He looked down at his end spread, but could tell they frowned. "Did you take your night quill?"

Leo rubbed his eyes again, nodding. "Yeah, I took a little more than usual." He let out a small yawn. "But I still can't sleep." He heard Raph whisper something and then footsteps. He would look up to see what they were doing, but he was honestly too tired to.

But his questions were answered when Raph laid him down and they crawled into bed with him. He opened his arms and Donnie laid under his right one, and Mikey laid under his left one. Raph laid on Leo's left, behind Mikey.

Leo felt calm and at peace, but still couldn't sleep. Suddenly, he felt Mikey start tracing small shapes into his plastron and Donnie gently tapping the side of his shell.

Soon enough, his breathing slowed and he felt his eyes getting heavy. He slowly submitted to sleep, letting the calmness consume him.

Sometimes, he enjoyed his restless nights. Because then his brothers would come and accompany him. But other times, his restless nights would be so bad his brothers couldn't help it at all and he'd just lay there trapped between the three.

But the times it wasn't like that he cherished every second. They were never really touchy when awake, but when they were all drugged with tiredness and their minds not being clear, they would cling to one another like a lost puppy.

They all secretly enjoyed the company.

__

This was inspired by my other book that I took down bcz apparently it sucked. I might put it back up, but it's js silly little oneshots like this one. And once again, they ARE NOT SHIPS. Thanks 😝🤞🏼