Chapter II - Glove

Remember when my hand was burnt? Now I had to wear a glove to cover it up.

The glove was patterned leather and felt really irritating and itchy at certain times. Although looking quite neat it was a dread to put it on, but my dad said I had to, and mum. I was only 5 nearly 6 when I entered school and got popular quite quickly although nobody had seen me before. I remember talking to someone called Alexandrine all the time, he was a very bright, positive person, but he only knew English. My family taught me a bit of English and then realised that English was a very easy straight forward language.

I also remember at the same time multiple people asking 'why do you wear a glove?' Or 'what's the glove for?'. This would happen constantly and I had to get dragged away by Alexandrine to back them off. We would usually hide in a little hole hidden away from the others. About the glove, I had never shown what's hidden to anyone else and when I showed Alexandrine he was in massive shock, he asked me 'what happened to your hand?! Is it okay?' Which I simply replied with 'It's fine, I just caught it on fire. But I never really felt anything, although I had to meet a doctor.' I remember him replying with 'that's terrible' which I never found it terrible, I was connected with fire all the time, especially when I saw sparks of some sort.

Once in class my teacher, Miss Díaz had arranged a seating plan that fits everyone's 'interests' especially romantic ones. Apparently to some of my friends I was a 'handsome boy for my age' . I couldn't tell if it was a compliment or they were trying to flirt with me, all I know is that I never accepted them. I had a burnt hand, that wouldn't make me pretty right? I had never ever looked in the mirror myself, in fact I only used a mirror to check on my hand to see if it's swollen, it was once but it eventually healed and got itself better. With the seating plan I was sitting at one of the middle tables with Alexandrine and 2 other girls called Veronika and Kaya. Veronika was very different to Kaya. The difference was..

Veronika was a very calm and quiet and mainly focused on her own stuff, she was very hardworking but extremely nervous to talk to anyone. Kaya however was a burst of energy every day, I always saw her as a pick me because she'd always act like one. Pick me's were my least favourite people to talk to. I'd always talk to the quiet people or the people that aren't that popular, I was very popular already for apparently just looking beautiful, or people say that and they were just taking the Micky out of me, but I was wrong.

During school everyday I'd first meet up with Alexandrine and Veronika at the back of the school grounds where we'd always walk by ourselves with no distraction. It was mainly because Veronika didn't like the level of noise at the school gates, which we understood. Me and Alexandrine were friends with Veronika almost instantly and when we'd hang out she'd act like a whole new person. She even told us that we were one of the only friends she has had since people bullied her. I was always aware who, so I always brung my lighter to school.

For you know, just in case anything DID happen I would use it in different ways, even in self defence.