Chapter XIII - Journey

Well the sign seemed rusty and muddy but the streets were overcrowded and full of surprises.

There were lights, too many lights, emitted in every location. I held onto Alexandrine's hand for safety since all these people looked like real..bad people. 'Trust me you'll be okay.' He replied. 'Are you sure? These people look dodgy and they might kill me.' I replied but alexandrine laughed it off. 'Hah, don't be ridiculous, you're a criminal remember, you were the one that set those fires!' That made me slightly uncomfortable so alexandrine stopped talking about it.

We walked around for a while until we were crossing a huge bridge where we could see the London eye. I looked down and saw a huge river below which nearly made me fall in. I was experiencing some sort of hallucination whilst looking at it which was making me dizzy. Alexandrine pulled me back and I immediately got my focus back. I had thoughts that I would've fallen in the river and my lungs would've burnt to death. Which sounds stupid I know but that's how drowning works. But we did walk around for a while approaching the London eye.

I was intrigued by its looks but I had to slow down the urge to burn anything, I didn't want to do it just yet. The London eye looked like one of those ferris wheels you'd see at theme parks. Me and alexandrine stepped in a separate pod from our parents and watched it move up. For me the floor was slightly uneven and wobbly but to alexandrine it was okay. My vision and movements were going so badly that I nearly fell on alexandrine twice, and once nearly out the window. He helped me keep stable but alas I lost my balance and couldn't get up.

Alexandrine even tried to get me up again but he ended up falling as well so we helped each other up. I felt my head aching like mad so I felt it and then saw blood at my palm. I was bleeding from the impact of the many falls I took. Alexandrine insisted on getting off but we were too far away from the platform. So we sat down making sure that we didn't suffer from any head injuries. I nearly took a nap on alexandrine's shoulder as we were both pretty tired. But it wasn't before long until we were told to get off by our parents. They were taking us to alexandrine's home which was around 52 miles away.

The next thing alexandrine's parents said was for us to get comfy and there were also snacks if we were ever ravenous. I leaned back in my chair until I felt a thump on my legs and when I looked down I only saw Alexandrine's head resting on my lap. I was out of words. I know he was tired but I had nothing else to do in this situation, so I just went to sleep too. About 10 minutes later I felt alexandrine lift his head up so I opened one eye to see that he was looking up at me embarrassed. 'Sorry I was a Bit tired and I didn't noti-' 'it's okay you really don't have to apologise.' I kept looking at alexandrine since he wasn't feeling that comfortable anymore after what he had done.

I went to try out some snacks that I never seen before so I asked the parents what they were. I was unfamiliar with the British food and I had some allergies well apart from water. Alexandrine wanted to lift his head up but I pushed it down again. 'You went to sleep for like 10 minutes get some more sleep if you're that tired.' We eventually both nodded off and silence filled the car until alexandrine's parents put on capital radio, music that I never heard of then filled the surroundings but me and alexandrine were still asleep like logs.

That's when we heard the car stopping and I opened my eyes to see a massive house. I asked alexandrine, 'is this really your house?' 'Yep, you see we had pretty rich relatives..' and he never told me this!?

Unbelievable..but we made our way in and it looked like the inside was bigger than the front. It was magnificent