Chapter III - Class

I do remember what my class looked like. I hated most of them.

There were so many problems with my class, including myself. The only people that weren't a problem were Alexandrine, Miss and Veronika, the rest were a jumble of bad decisions and appalling conditions. Their attitudes and actions made me sick to death of hearing them constantly doing it day after day, most would pick on anyone.

Loads of girls wanted to become friends with me but they were all manky and terrible in every way possible, so I just stuck with my 2 friends I had then since they were pretty much one of the only calm ones that I could communicate with, especially Veronika, she was somewhat different to the rest of the class and the funny thing is that me talking to Veronika only made the other girls blood boil with anger and fury. That's what amused me the most. Seeing the pure rage in the girls faces only made me smile morally every glimpse I look. It was fun to see the jealousy of people I dislike, at a young age too it 'wasn't normal' just because I acted smarter and more mature than other kids.

Every day during class we'd do registers before lesson begins. There were always arguments at home to what my parents should call me. But on the register it referred to me as Leto, my mums name suggestion. My dad however wanted to call me Voltaire which I preferred because it fit nicely, and because it was unique and I always used to beg my mum to change my name to Voltaire, and she always refused. So whenever my name was called on the register it only reminded me of mum, but I would answer anyway.

I even told Alexandrine and Veronika about the name argument and that got them to call me Voltaire or Volt for short, I didn't mind which one they called me, I liked both although I wasn't into voltages, volts and electricity, I stuck to flames for many reasons that Increased as time went on since I was learning new adjectives to describe stuff as I grew up. And also whenever some people called me by 'Leto' I'd usually ignore them until they get it right or I just tell them straight away. It got so irritating that I eventually told miss about the name change.

Miss Díaz, being the humble woman she was, completely understood the suggestion and informed my parents and even changed the name on the system. I always liked her due to her actions and attitude, and quite amused on how much effort she makes to make her classroom looks spotless, bright, colourful and full of positivity. Whenever I looked around in my class I'd always stare at the decorations but try not to stare for too long because then it slowly starts to look like the room is emitted in flames which I was always worried about it actually happening one day and not even one building would be left standing in the school.

I had nightmares about that occurring someday, I thought about it for 23 months and I still think of it now but with the place I live to see the day now.