Chapter VII - News

Approximately a day or 2 after the slaughter in the park there was a news broadcast happening globally about it and we had to listen to it in class.

Although me Alexandrine and Gianna were the ones behind it, we had to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Since at this age we could go to jail for murder, which I wasn't bothered about since I could just easily get myself out with just one use of my 'special lighter'. The broadcast went along like this:

It was only then until last night reporters found a devastating sighting in Gullane park. A group of 4, a mix of girls and boys were found as a stacked disposal in the woods emitted in flames. Around aged 8-10 these corpses were killed and then only to be cremated right after the slaughter.
No suspects as of now have been arranged but murder weapons have been discovered as a Gallo-Roman crossbow and an Ornate dagger.
More news coming shortly.

That was all they had though. Just the murder weapons and the discovery took them no further on the investigation, they didn't even find fingerprints since we were wearing gloves that night to make sure we didn't leave any traces for the police to find. Our school and other school communities, eventually most of the country was looking for the killer which made me and Alexandrine slightly aware, even Gianna being a witness. Whenever we were out on the playground there would be faces of suspicion from groups of people from different areas.

We thought that they'd catch on quite quickly, well if we acted stupid. But we never made it too obvious, but alexandrine thought that this was a terrible idea and they would catch on. That was ridiculous because nobody caught on to anything. Plus, if they said it was me they'd probably get my name wrong like they always would. But eventually days went by and there came my birthday. Of course I had to tell my dad not to put candles because I will refuse to blow them out so he had to improvise slightly and did a piñata instead.

We had organised a party in Huacachina, a place not far from where we lived and we invited over my usual friends in which all of them managed to arrive without issue. The piñata was a flammable fire symbol which wouldn't burn on the inside but it worked no matter if it went into an outburst, which it didn't, thankfully. But after lighting it in flames it dropped a handful of sweets and chocolate that we all shared in equal pouches, and then later celebrated with red velvet cake since at the time I never fancied trying chocolate cake.

I was now 10 then, and eventually we all rushed off to the massive indoor play area with zipwires and obstacle courses. It cheered my need up but it was awfully noisy because the fact that there were a handful of other children also messing around in the play area. Luckily Veronika was paying attention and  passed me spare earbuds to block out the screeching of the younger and older kids above and below our current location. Our parents were having their own adult discussions whilst me and my friends were scavenging around the play area, mainly throwing stuff at eachother with a canon launcher above the ball pit.

It wasn't before long that some kids started to think that me and alexandrine looked like the 2 murderers in the park a couple of weeks ago. We ended up moving away almost immediately to the top of the play area to avoid sight. And that's when I realised that my face mask was in sight and there were some witnesses , apart from Gianna in the park of the slaughter.

We had to leave
Immediately.