XVII.

Words: 1064
Warnings: Comfort, Angst

...

"I hate you." my voice cracked saying that; he didn't react. He just looked dead into my eyes, and hugged me.

...

It seemed unreal at first, but then slowly I returned the hug placing my arms around his torso and hid my face into his chest sobbing quietly.
He stroked my back comfortingly and whispered sweet nothings to calm me down "You don't mean that." the rain almost covered his voice completely.

He's right. I didn't mean that, I never did.

"You're just too confusing." I mumble out still hiding my face. I could feel Lo'ak placing his chin on my head and sigh "What happened, gorgeous?" and again; the nickname.
A shiver went down my spine hearing those words, not sure how to answer his question.

"My spirit sister.." I pause for a moment attempting to recollect my thoughts. "She died." I say in a blunt way hoping he couldn't hear my voice trembling.
His hand stopped moving up and down my spine, perhaps he was just as shocked hearing the news.
"And Payakan was there." I quickly add squeezing his body against mine.

"Payakan?" he still didn't move "Yes.." moments of silence passed, the only thing I was able to hear was his heartbeat. Those rhythmic sounds against his chest were such welcoming toots that I almost forgot where I was and what I was doing.
"What are you thinking?" he asked already knowing the answer "I'm thinking that maybe he killed her.."

He was about to snap, but instead, he kissed my head and placed his palm on it.
"Can I look at you?" he asked, and as he felt me nod he slowly retreated and took my face with his hands, my arms now loose around his torso.
"Are you sure about what you're saying?" Lo'ak questioned looking straight into my eyes, his orbs full of love.

I hesitated for a moment, not really knowing how to answer; still, I knew what the real response was "No, not really,," he gave me a thin smile, happy with the reply.
The Na'vi boy placed his forehead on mine, our noses touching "It's gonna be okay, trust me." I attempted to not let the tears fall again, I closed my eyes and stopped for a second to hear his breathing "I trust you."

I could hear him chuckle and sigh, I opened my eyes again to see him looking at me with a beam on his face "I was so worried, you know?" he stroked my cheekbone with his thumb "I'm sorry, I don't know why but I really thought Payakan could've been the one who killed her, and I automatically thought you lied to me and that I couldn't trust you anymore—" Lo'ak interrupted my blabbering kissing my nose.

"I know your mind plays tricks on you when you're alone, but I'm here now, right?" my sight moves to each one of his eyes rapidly "You're right." I sigh smiling weakly "I'm really sorry." I apologize looking down.
He remains silent, not a word comes out of his mouth; I even started thinking he was angry, mad even. Yet all my worries disappeared after hearing him lean closer "Can I kiss you?" he whispered.

I looked at his lips and back at his golden orbs "Of course." I smile, but just as he was to close the gap between us, we heard someone cough behind Lo'ak.

"Sorry to interrupt." Rotxo said in a teasing way, trying to hold his laughter. "Oh come on." I could hear Lo'ak groan.
I looked over Lo'ak's shoulder to see the shorter Metkayina boy looking at me with a smirk "Happy to know that you made up." he crossed his arms "Still, something is happening, and I think you should come." his tone changed into a serious one.

"Is everything okay?" I asked moving in front of Lo'ak with his hand in mine.
Rotxo didn't answer my question, he just gazed at me with dull eyes and signed us to follow him.

I turn around to glance at the boy behind me with a worried frown, he squeezes my hand and grinned "It's okay." he said kissing the back of my hand.

We started following Rotxo to where all the fuss was happening and as we arrived we could hear a loud commotion coming from one of the pods. A pod where all the Metkayina clan was gathered with the Sully's.
At the center, the Olo'eyktan and the Tsahìk were yelling at Jake, "You brought this to us!" the pregnant Na'vi exclaimed.

I couldn't understand what was happening, everyone looked like they were ready for war.

Everyone started yelling and exclaiming as if they were really going to fight, but suddenly Jake took what looked like an object coming from the skypeople and held it up in the air showing it to everyone. "You have to tell the Tulkuns that if they are hit by one of these, they're marked to death." he explained carefully.
I gasped hearing those words, hoping that maybe my doubts were resolved, maybe the death of my spirit sister was caused by our biggest enemy: the skypeople.

My attention shifted to Lo'ak, whose hand wasn't in mine anymore and he was turning away from the crowd, I began calling and following him.
I could see with the corner of my eye Neteyam who had the same intention as me.

"Lo'ak." I called for him one more time "Where are you going?" I asked as he got closer to the end of the little bridge "I'm going to Payakan, I have to alert him." he says calling one of the Ilu's and placing one of the saddles on it.
"You're not going alone, let me come with you." I argue; he turns around abruptly "Absolutely not. I can't have you hurt, I don't want you hurt." he says back putting his hands on my shoulders "Well, I don't want you hurt either, you have to think about yourself too Lo'ak."

I try making up his mind but he just wouldn't listen. All this stubbornness was gonna get back to him, I just know it. "Please Y/N, I can do it." he begs, but it was absolutely no discussion.
"No. I'm coming. And that's it." I snap back calling immediately one of the Ilu's.

"You two are not going anywhere." Neteyam commented.

...

A/N: Yes, I know I took one week break but I'm back!! And this time something reaaaally big is happening. I'm anxious too for the next chapters, yet this is turning better than I expected!
Hope you enjoyed and stay safe <33