𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·

Beginning of Fall - Year 846

𝓛𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓼, sat at the small chessboard in the parlor, staring at the pieces before him. He was trying to think of his next move, but his mind kept wandering to the sound of his siblings playing outside. He sighed and glanced at his younger sister Rosabella, who was sitting across from him, watching him intently.

"Luther, are you going to make a move or not?" she asked, tapping her finger on the table.

Luther looked up at her and then back down at the board. He wasn't sure what to do next. He had always found chess to be a difficult game, but his father had insisted that he learn how to play it. Luther had spent countless hours practicing, but he still didn't feel confident in his abilities.

"I'm thinking," he said, rubbing his chin.

Rosabella rolled her eyes. "You're always thinking," she said, leaning back in her chair. "Just make a move already."

Luther frowned and studied the board again. He could see that Rosabella had already taken several of his pieces, and he was running out of options. He finally decided on a move and reached for his bishop.

But before he could make the move, Rosabella spoke up. "Are you sure that's the best move?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

Luther paused and looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're giving up your bishop, and I still have my queen," she said. "You might want to rethink your strategy."

Luther felt his face flush with embarrassment. He had been so focused on making a move that he hadn't considered the consequences. He looked at the board again and realized that Rosabella was right. He needed to come up with a better plan.

"Thanks for the advice," he said, moving his bishop back to its original spot. "I'll try something else."

Rosabella smiled. "That's what sisters are for," she said, reaching across the table to pat his hand.

Luther smiled back and began to study the board again. This time, he was more careful, taking his time to consider each move. He could feel Rosabella's eyes on him, but he didn't mind. It was nice to have someone to play against who wasn't as competitive as his siblings.

As they continued to play, Luther began to feel more confident in his abilities. He still made mistakes, but Rosabella was patient with him, always offering suggestions and advice. They played for hours, lost in the game and each other's company.

When their father finally called them for dinner, they reluctantly put the game away and headed to the dining room. But Luther felt a sense of accomplishment that he hadn't felt in a long time. He had learned something new, and he had enjoyed spending time with his sister. Maybe chess wasn't such a difficult game after all.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·°°°·.°·