❤️ Introduction ❤️

2nd Person POV

You open your eyes to nothing.

You look around... Nothing.

The surroundings are all the same. Just inky blackness for miles. Yet somehow, despite there being no one there... you sense a presence with you here.

Perhaps the others who have inevitably fallen into this place too?

...

Are we... connected?

A bright light flashes before your eyes, making you squint as a pillar of white light seems to beam down from the heavens. You instinctively bring your hand to shield your eyes as the light slowly fades back to darkness. You warily open your eyes again. All you can see now is an empty heart-shaped object.

Finally...

After all my fruitless efforts...

You felt a little uneasy, but curious nonetheless. Somehow, you knew what that heart was. It was yours, after all.

Now.

Let us get started.

First, let's get to know... you.

Your surroundings seemed to change instantly to something new. The inky blackness remained, but around you appeared several different objects. You felt your feet touch the ground, the surface cool to the touch. The solid foundation was also something new to this empty place.

Take a good look around you.

Getting a good look around, you saw that there were eight items in total. From left to right, there was a golden locket, a pair of worn gloves, a pistol, a frying pan, a toy knife, ballerina shoes, a notebook and pen, and a stick.

Which of these is you?

Choose the item that is yours.

Or...

Let the item choose you.

You paused to glance around at the eight items again. They each seemed to emit an aura to you. A colored aura.

...

After some thought, you walk to the item you feel best reflects you. One that you resonated with well.

As soon as you reached out to grasp it, the item vanished into thin air, along with the other items.

Ah, I see.

Very... interesting.

It suits you.

The empty heart from before flashed another bright light, almost blinding you. After the light was gone, the heart-shaped object was now the same color as the aura your item had emitted. The empty heart is now filled with your SOUL type.

Is this... you?

You paused for a moment, then nodded. The being seemed to understand, and the heart disappeared in the same beam of white light, vanishing from your view. However, you could still sense the heart object nearby.