13) ❤️ Why So, Blu?

(AN: Slightly longer chapter than my normal ~2000 words. Also, some odd text font is used.)

You stood awkwardly on the other side of the now-unblocked doorway, waiting for Tippi and Mr.L to join you. 

After the battle, Tippi followed through with her idea to talk to Mr.L. Y'know, so she could inform him that he shouldn't act like that to the enemies you encounter and such. Well, only a few sentences into the conversation, Tippi must've said something that Mr.L didn't like, because Mr.L then said something presumably rude or a hot-button issue to Tippi. 

The cloaked princess had requested you move out of audible range shortly after that... Currently, the two of them were in the middle of a VERY heated argument. Even though you were on the other side of the brick walls, you could STILL hear them.

Remind me later to never try and argue with the Tippi from this world...

It had taken them so long to stop fighting each other that some fuseless Bob-ombs with helicopter beanies had tried to sell you a tutorial. However, after what felt like hours of them bickering, Tippi followed by Mr.L finally came through the doorway. However, Mr.L had a noticeable bruise forming on his cheek... 

If one had to guess, Tippi socked him.

Badly.

"You see, as the Heroes of Legend, we have to keep in mind that what we do can change everything to come! For better or worse!" Tippi exclaimed. "So, from now on, how about we try to avoid FIGHTing, okie dokie?"

"Yeah, yeah, well, your choices don't affect MINE, okay? I'll do what I feel like. If it happens to be peaceful, good on you. If not, I don't care," Mr.L retorted with a toothy smirk.

The man in green went back to rubbing his bruising cheek, earning a defeated sigh from Tippi as she turned to address you.

"Mario, um... Just in case, we may want to WARN the enemies in the future. I don't think he's going to do as he's told right now... Even if it's for the greater good," Tippi murmured.

"Hey, are you girlies gonna keep whispering secrets, or are we gonna move on?" Mr.L questioned, interrupting you as rudely as he possibly could.

Seeing as Mr.L was too busy nursing his bruise and Tippi had too much of a headache to continue arguing much longer, now was a good time to find a Save Star to recover and then move on.

Up ahead, the stone hall eventually cleared away, uncovering the purple-colored forest floor once again. Through the now-familiar origami trees was a little hut of some kind. It wasn't like the mushroom houses back in Tippi's little kingdom, it actually kind of looked like... A very large blanket fort? It also looked to be fairly worn from the elements, but also still quite structurally sound.

"Who in the right mind would live in THIS dump?" Mr.L wondered out loud.

"Mr.L, be nice! You don't know anything about whoever or whatever might be living there!" Tippi retorted. "Besides, I think it looks quite charming."

Tippi punctuated this with a wide smile while folding her hands together. Mr.L simply replied with a "Psh" before turning away to resume ignoring her. You personally thought that the house looked quite nice, all of the different faded quilts adding their own splash of color here and there whenever things got too bland. Turning your attention away from the marvelous creation of blankets, you could see a Save Star beside it. You were more than grateful to reach out, and...

Mr.L, the chaotic lone wolf, is now your ally.

The power of bad boys shines within you.