Chapter 1 - Basic Training

'What the fuck is wrong with me?' I thought to myself as I woke out of my sleep from a black out. It was clear I stayed over at some frat house I was taken to by some of my friends. As I got up from the sofa, there was people crashed everywhere. I stumbled out of the house and pulled out my phone.

58 missed calls from Mom
179 unread texts from Mom
72 unread texts from unknown number

'Jesus' I opened my map to see I wasn't far from my house, so I decided to just walk. I opened my phone camera to see that my hair was all knotted, my makeup was smeared from either hooking up with someone or sweating and there was a pretty visible tear in my dress.

I arrived to my home and found my mother and someone I wasn't too familiar with but I've seen him before sitting on my front porch. Mom looked angry.

"Where the hell have you been?! I called you, texted you, Shit y/n, I thought you were dead!"
I just looked at her with tired eyes.

"Can you not yell so loud? My head hurts." I began to walk pass her

"Oh your SO lucky it's only your head that's hurting. Be respectful for once, go get cleaned up, you have a visitor." She said as I walked into the house.

I did what I was told, took a cold shower to sober up, Changed into some clean clothes and headed downstairs. The man was sitting at our kitchen table in a OCP military uniform. He had a hat on and a toothpick in his mouth.

"Well hello Ms. L/n, I'm captain John Price." The man reached his hand out to shake mine, I slowly interlocked my hand with his and shook it.

"You probably don't remember who I am, Although I was present when you were an infant. I'm one of your dads best friends." I stared at him dumbfounded.

He cleared his throat "Well, I came here to recruit you for the military. Your mother and I have been talking and she said you need to get away from this life. I now understand why she thinks that, sweetheart. Your dad wanted me to take care of you, and now that I'm able to come here, I came here just for you. I get off from vacation in a week. I can take you to boot camp." He explained.

"Could I have the rest of the day to think about it? Don't get me wrong, it does sound like a nice thing to try, I do understand I have an addiction to partying and I need help, I just always find myself thinking about my brother and my dad."
I explained to him. He looked at me with worried eyes.

"I understand that, but would they want you throwing your life away? No. They'd want you to live happily." I looked at the table, there were papers to sign up for basic training. Without another thought I immediately signed the papers and gave them to Price.

"I'll do it. I just want them to be proud of me." I said with a shy smile.

"I'll have these papers turned it for ya. Pack your gear, we'll leave in a week" We both stood up from our chairs, He went to the door and I went to my room.

Maybe this was for the best. Hopefully I get better, stay away from drugs and alcohol. These next few days I need to stay sober.

____

600 words

Sorry for the short chapter loves!