Chapter 11 - Promise

Hey guys! I'm going to be making a playlist for this book when I finish it. I'll go back into the book and put the songs that are dedicated to the chapter. It'll be on spotify!  Love y'all!

Gaz's POV

I have to tell her soon. She doesn't deserve this. She's so beautiful, she deserves the entire world. If I could, i'd buy her the world. Fucking hell man.

Y/n POV

At this point in time, I could not think of anything else but Ghost. I was damn right about him. I hope he doesn't become distant again though. He's genuinely a sweet man, just has a bit of a colder side to him. It was the morning after I got absolutely railed by Ghost. I've never even learned his real name really. I think it's like Sean? Scott maybe? I don't know, it starts with an "S" though. Today and tomorrow are my last days before I can go back into doing missions! Yay! Then next week, Eddie is coming to the base. yay... That was sarcasm by the way. Anyways, I want to go bother Kyle. I walk into Kyles room to see him sound asleep. He looked like a baby, he looked so peaceful. I'm contemplating waking him up with loud noises or letting him sleep.

As I began to walk out, a voice spoke up.

"Y/n?" Gaz said with a sleepy voice. He sits up and rubs his eyes trying to get more of a clearer picture on who was in front of him.

"Oh, hey. Sorry I hope I didn't wake you up, I was coming to bother you but you were still sleeping." I let out a laugh. Gaz smiled but it suddenly went away. What is up with him?

"Kyle? Is everything okay?" I asked with a concerned look painted across my face. He looked down then got up.

"I'm sorry, I told you I can't tell you right now. Soon. I promise." He said stopping in front of me. He examined my features closely and gave me a peck on the cheek. "I'm going to get us breakfast." He added, then walked towards the cafeteria hall. Would it be weird to assume Gaz has a slight crush on me? Probably. Do I really care? No. He's so sweet. I'd honestly give him a chance if Ghost and I... Never mind.

I walked back into my room and sat on my bed. Memories of the night before started to come back into my mind. Ghost and Soap were on a mission right now, so it was just Gaz and I again. I wish it was just Ghost and I. Wait no. Yes. No. I don't know. Aren't I supposed to hate him? He tried to kill me? But in reality he's so gentle. How confused am I? Damn.

Gaz enters with two plates of food. He sat on my bed beside me and handed me my plate. It was filled with eggs, bacon, and some of my favorite fruit. He also got a glass of apple juice for me as well. I love apple juice. It's superior to orange juice. Hands down. I dig in, I ate all the actual food I could get before I got back on mission and ate the packaged food again.

"Maybe you should get injured again so we can keep eating food like this all the time." Gaz let out a chuckle. We sat in silence most of the time but I finally spoke up.

"Kyle, is it Ghost that's bothering you?" I asked him. He looked at me surprised but looked away.

"I can't tell you yet. Please just don't say anything. Okay? Please." He begged. I felt sorry for him that he felt like he needed to keep it a secret. It tore him up inside and I could tell.

"It's okay. I understand." I cupped his face with my hand. He melted into the sudden contact.

"HEY! WERE BACK!" Soap yelled from down the hall. It startled Gaz and I.

"They're back so early. Why?" Gaz spoke. He got up and grabbed for the door but as soon as he started to open it, Ghost walked in as well. The tension between the two was rough. They were death staring each other. Gaz pushed past him and closed the door.