Chapter 4 - Game on

I- I don't understand. Why is he such a bitch? He left me hear while I was coughing and struggling for air after he almost KILLED me. Maybe this would give Price a reason to switch us.

I started to head back to where our vehicle was to go back to the base as I ran into Soap and Gaz on the way back. Ghost had caught up with them.

"Oh, Hey l/n! Uh- what happened to your neck?" Gaz asked curiously. I gulped thinking of an excuse.

"Ghost did she get attacked up there?" Soap turned to Ghost. Ghost looked dead in my eyes telling me to say some bullshit lie.

"Um actually no, nothing happened I was just laying on my shirt weirdly. No need to worry." I'm such a bad liar. I think Gaz caught on because he was looking at me funny. Soap, of course didn't think anything of it. Ghost looked away when I answered Soaps question. As we headed back down the path we came from, I trailed behind the guys for some alone time but I sense someone was coming my way.

"We should talk when we get back to base l/n." Gaz spoke with a serious tone.

"What do you mean?" I said trying to play it off like it was nothing.

"I've kinda caught on that your not a good liar love. Don't worry, I won't say anything to anyone about what happened, Okay?" He said comfortingly. Damn, do these people always use nicknames? I nod my head signaling that I heard and agree to talk to him. I saw Ghost look back a couple times at Gaz and I walking together. I wish he would stay out of my fucking business.

Ghosts POV

Gaz headed behind us where l/n was at. She better not be talking about what I did. I'm not risking it getting my ass in trouble for that, but she needed to be put in her place. She asks too many questions, questions I don't want to admit or talk about. Yes, I stared at her a little bit too long when I saw her breasts and yeah I may have enjoyed looking at them. But she still shouldn't be asking personal questions like that on the battlefield.

"Stop Gaz!" I heard her say in a giggly tone. zu glance back to see her and Gaz play fighting. Fucking hell. Even her laugh gets on my nerves. But for some reason, I feel some type of way towards her. She disobeys me and I can't help to want to put her in her place. She's immune from my charm unlike the other women that has fucked me in the past and it drives me insane.

Dammit.

Y/n's POV

We finally got back to the base and settled down into our night clothes. Gaz had to sneak over to my room to come and talk to me.

"So.. what happened?" Gaz asked quietly to not get caught.

"Well.. it all started earlier that morning when I was taking a shower. This guy came up behind me and basically started groping me. I thought he  was going to go even farther to where he got but, Ghost punched the shit out of him. But of course, I was fully nude so he saw my breasts. He stared at them for 30 seconds until I said and realized I was naked. Ever since that he has been acting weird. I actually overheard what he said about me that one day, that I'm a distraction to him. I told him off in the weapon locker and said if it's because I'm the first woman in Task Force 141 and he's being a sexist prick then he should just suck it up. I told him I can do it and that i'm trained enough to do this. When we get to our location today, I asked him why he helped me and he said something along the lines of ... "Your my partner and no one should touch a woman like the way he did." So much for that. I asked him why he stared at me for so long after and he just said to focus on the work and refused to answer it. I did ask him another question but all he said was to shut the fuck up. I told him to stop being an ass. Then after our mission was over he..." I paused thinking of the way he grabbed my neck, how I couldn't breath and how I could feel myself slowly falling unconscious but not yet succeeding.

"He started choking me out, he pushed me up against the way and put his whole hand around my neck. I couldn't bre-" I cut off. I'm terrified of him now. Price was right. He is a natural born killer and he could've killed me. Tears started welling up in my eyes as I thought back to middle school and how I was bullied a lot.

"It just scared me because you all told me he was someone I could trust and someone that would lighten up soon." A tear ran down my cheek. Gaz embraced me into a comforting hug and played with my hair.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know he was like that. Maybe you should tell Price to get your partner switched." Gaz suggested.

"I think i'm fine right now. I just don't want to tip him over the edge to make him do that to me again. We'll just see how our next mission plays out, to see if he tries it again." I spoke wiping my tears from my eyes. "Thanks for coming to talk to me. I'm not a good liar anyways so you could easily tell something was wrong from a mile away, of course unless if your Soap." I added with a slight giggle. Gaz smiled and got up from where he was sitting but stopped in his footsteps.

"I'm here, whenever and where ever you need me, love. Promise." Gaz said and walked out. I smiled at his words he spoke. He's such a sweet guy.

Gaz's POV

I exited Y/n room when I was suddenly stopped by someone.

"Why the fuck were you in there." Ghost asked.

"And why the fuck would you care?" I asked him with the same tone he gave me.

"Because she's my partner, i'm supposed to look after her." Ghost spoke moving closer to me. I stepped closer to him.

"Well i'm not the one that's trying to fucking kill her." I spat aggressively. Ghosts eyes widen but went back into his killer stare. He grabbed my neck and pushed me up against the wall.

"Is that how you did it? You choked her just like she told me you did? She's scared of you Riley." I said through breathes. Ghost tightened his grip and then punched me to the ground.

"Watch. Just watch. I'll have her all over me within a couple days. You wanna make that bet Garrick?" Ghost said picking me up by my collar.

"Game on."

~~~~~~~

1190 Words

Short chapter, I just thought ending it at game on would be nice