Fuck prom C.S

It was a Friday night in the middle of November. The school arranged a prom for some stupid reason and my shitty boyfriend asked me to go with him. I put on my black dress with my silk gloves that went with it. I did ever so slight makeup so it'd still be sort of  natural. I brushed it and gave it slight curls.

I hate dances.

He arrived not too long after I got ready.

"Hey baby. You look nice."

"Thanks. You look good yourself."

He scoffed.

"Just good?"

I sighed, not wanting to do this already.

"You know what I mean."

He rolled his eyes, speeding off to the school. Student parking was filled and people were smiling as their parents dropped them off. I guess I was the only one who wasn't. I locked arms with Walker and put on a fake smile. We walked into the gym where everyone was. There were many people dancing and many making out. It was hot and smelled like shit.

"I'm going to say I to my boys. Be here by the slow dance, make sure you look good."

He fixed his tie and left. This, this was why I hated dances. I watched as he took a look around, then went up to a girl, passionately kissing her. I immediately got up and left. I walked down the hallways, my platforms making significant thumps as I stomped around.

"I swear to God I'm never going to a dance again."

As I sped walked down a corner, I bumped into someone. As if my day couldn't get worse!

"Shit! Sorry I was angrily walking and didn't see you. You good."

The boy smiled and nodded. We both looked around the empty hallway.

"Were you ditched too?"

I scoffed.

"Yeah."

He nodded. We both stood there, no reason to, we just were.

"Who was your date?"

"Walker Pent. Yours?"

"Jackie Hart."

We both looked at each other.

"So my guy blew me off for your girl."

"And my girl blew me off for your guy."

Ironic am I right? We both smiled. I leaned into the wall, him joining me.

"I knew this would go badly."

"I didn't even want to come in the first place."

We looked at each other, thinking the same thing.

Fuck prom.

We both sped walked out of the school. We had no idea who the other was or where we were going, but we knew that it wasn't here.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"I don't know, but it's not here."

We walked away from the school and to town. A guy in a suit and a girl in a dress walking just simply away from their problems. We walked into a McDonalds, getting looks from everyone.