Sick M.S.

Matt's been coughing up a storm lately. Like, literally. Let me show you,

The previous day

"MATT!" I yelled out.

"Ye-," he coughed, "Yeah?!"

"Ew! At least cover your mouth!" I yelled as he ran over to me.

"I did!" He exclaimed, kissing my head in the process.

"Whatever. Wanna get something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah. Don't tell Nick or Chris because they'll want to come. I want it to be just us okay?"

"Got it."

I said as I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He ran to slip on some shoes while I got my keys. Before we walked out, he grabbed his and put mine back. I rolled my eyes but followed him to his car instead.

"I could've driven us."

"I like driving."

He said, checking his rear view mirror before backing out and driving us to McDonalds. On the way, he kept coughing and clearing his throat.

"Are you good?" I asked. He coughed once more before answering me.

"Yeah, why?" He knew why, just refused to face it.

"Because you're getting sick." He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"It's just a cough, I'll take some medicine when we get back home." He said coldly.

"Ok." I said as he began to order.

.
.
.
.

Back to the present

It was the next day and to no surprise, he was still sick. And it was even worse. I woke up first, making myself a cup of coffee. That's when I heard him cough up a lung. I sighed and walked into his room to find him sitting up and with an elbow to his face.

"Did you take medicine last night?"

"I for-" he coughed again, "forgot." He grumbled. I laughed a little and he sighed.

"I'll get you some."

I said as I walked to his bathroom. I see how he 'forgot', the only thing he had in here was his razor, cologne, and deodorant. I sighed and walked to Nick's room. I knocked lightly.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" I asked. He hummed and I walked in.

"Hey Val, what's up?" He asked.

"Matt's sick, gotta grab him some medicine. I wanted to see if you had any before I went to the store."

"Oh yeah, I have some in my drawer. Take whatever."

He said, putting his headphones back on. I thanked him and rummaged through what he had. I grabbed some Tylenol, cough drops, and actual cough medicine. I walked back to Matt, who was trying to go back to sleep.

"Hey, I got some stuff for you." I said, handing him the bottles. He took them silently and poured out a few of each of them.

"Can you get me some water?" He asked, looking up at me. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course."

I went to the kitchen and grabbed my cup of coffee and a cup of water for him. I walked back and gave him his water and drank my coffee.

"Thanks." He mumbled. He laid back down and sighed.

"You good?" I looked at him concerned. His eyes and nose were red, along with his cheeks. I put a hand on his head and then rubbed his cheek.

"You're burning up." I said with sympathy.

"I can tell."

He scoffed. I sighed and continued to drink my coffee. He laid down with his back against me, cuddled into the blanket. I watched the random show he put on TV before I had to get ready for work.

POV switch

It was a little past 11:00pm. Val had to cover for one of her coworkers today so she'd be back later than usual. I don't wanna seem like a pussy, but I really wanted to have her next to me. I was a dick in the morning and I think I made her mad. My mind raced as I started missing her more and more. Right on time, I heard her come back in. I sat up in excitement, waiting for her to walk into my room. Of course with my luck, she didn't.

"Hey RiRi." Chris said.

"Hey Chris!" I heard her say back. A small bit of jealousy overcame me as I listened.

"How was work?" He asked, loudly chewing on something.

"Boring as always. Matt asleep?" I heard her sweet voice reply.

"I think. He's been quiet all day."

I'M AWAKE! JUST WALK INTO MY ROOM!

I sighed as she hummed.

"Thinking about going home. My roommate's leaving tomorrow and I have to watch the house."

Fuck.

I sighed and laid back down. I guess I'll just have to see her later.

"Damn. Good luck with that." He sneered. She laughed a little and bid goodbye as he walked away. Then I heard it, her footsteps coming closer. I smiled a little as I heard her quietly walk in.

"Hey." She jumped.

"I thought you were asleep!" She laughed. I did a little as well.

"I'm still up." I said, moving over a little. She smiled and walked over. Before she laid down, she poured out a few pills and told me to take some.

"But I feel better." I whined.

"Yet you still look like shit. Take them." She said, crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes and took them. She smiled.

"Ok. Now drink the rest of the water."

I scoffed and did as I was told. She thanked me then took it to the kitchen to wash it. Then she took forever to bring Nick his medicine back. Finally, she came in and laid down. She exhaled in relief as she got comfortable.

"How was work?" I asked, even though she already told Chris.

"Same shit, different day." She mumbled. She smirked as she turned to me.

"How was laying in bed all day?" She teased.

"It was great." I smiled. She laughed and went to kiss me.

"Wait, you'll get sick too." I said, covering the distance between our mouths.

"I already kissed you yesterday when you had the cough, we slept in the same bed, and we're in the same bed right now. If you're afraid you're gonna give it to me, don't be, you already have."

She pulled my hand down and closed the distance. I shrugged it off and continued to kiss her. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Eventually we had to separate. We tangled ourselves together before going to bed that night. Let me just say, that was a great night. I slept like a baby. That was until I woke up to her coughing the next morning.

"Fu-," she coughed, "FUCK!"

A/n: someone's gotta tell Zack n Cody their table's ready. You think Zack's still up for Italian?