15- Tamika Part (2)

After Tamika dropped her car off, the two of them drove to the apartment complex of the place Rubin had showed her earlier. Turns out, they were duplexes, which made Tamika like the apartment even more. I don't have to worry about loud foot steps on the ceiling of my apartment. She thought as they pulled up into a drive way of a duplex.

Tamika took her time to view the duplex. Each room she viewed she imagined how she would decorate the rooms. It took about thirty minutes to do a full walk through before the two of them left. They stopped by the grocery store to buy some trash bags and tape. Tamika had even convinced Rubin to steal a box full of broken down boxes that were sitting at the back of the building next to an already full trash bin full of more boxes.

She didn't know they were there but wanted to go around the building to check anyway. Most of the time, grocery stores had a recycling trash bin full of boxes. To their luck she was right.

Now they were back at her house, Tamika unlocked the door before pushing it open so the two of them could walk inside. Just as she was about to turn around to lock the door, she saw Rubin had beat her to it. "Welcome to my soon to be vacant home." She opened her arms wide in a playful manner.

Rubin chuckled, "where you want me to start?" He asked sitting the boxes on the floor.

"You can start on the kitchen, I'll start on the bathroom." She says before walking down the short hallway. Rubin nodded his head as he grabbed a few boxes then made his way to the kitchen.

Tamika turned her speaker on and paired her phone before shuffling her apple playlist. 21 Questions by 50 cent played through the speakers. Rubin laughed when he heard what she was playing but continued what he was doing. He begin going through the bottom cabinets, removing the pots and pans placing them in the box he put back together.

He bobbed his head to the song, sometimes even rapping a few lyrics to himself. Five songs had played by now and Rubin was now on the top cabinets. Tamika didn't have a lot of kitchen supplies which made his task a little faster then he thought. After a few minutes cleaning out the cabinets Rubin made his way down the hallway. He looked to his left seeing the bathroom damn near empty, only two big boxes sitting on the floor. He looked inside the room on his right and spotted Tamika on her knees placing clothes in a box. He looked toward the dresser and spotted her phone on it next to the speaker.

Tamika looked up when she saw something out the corner of her eye. She watched as Rubin picked her phone up. It was already unlocked but she watched him type something into it. She looked at him curiously, wondering what he was doing but before she could question him, the song on the speaker changed. She watched him put her phone back in place before walking out of her room. He played Half on a Sack by Three 6 mafia.

Tamika chuckled, shaking her head but continued packing up her room. Her speaker wasn't loud enough to deafen the whole apartment and some times she would hear Rubin up front having a concert. After a good thirty minute, Rubin was back in her room. "I'm finished with the kitchen, you need any help in here?" He asked.

"Yeah, that dresser over there is filled with all my pants, you can empty the drawers and throw them all away, expect my leggings." She replied, pointing to a tall dresser on the side of her bed. "I can't fit them anymore." She says when she saw him looked at her with confusion in his eyes.

He nodded before doing as she asked. The two of them finally finished packing up the apartment around three that evening. Tamika noticed the missed calls and text messages from her mother but she chose to ignore them. She couldn't lie, she was enjoying her time with Rubin and didn't want it to end. Even if all they were doing was packing up her apartment. She felt comfortable and safe being around Rubin. She could careless about going to some party to make her parents look good.