10- Tamika

With her shoulder length hair in a half up half down hairstyle. Tamika walked inside a nice coffee shop, a place she went too often for her morning coffee. Only difference this time was she was having coffee with a longtime friend and not ordering her latte to go.

She ordered her regular, then made her way to an empty table and sat down. For some reason her nerves were a little on edge as she waited for Rubin. She was thinking about her unborn child. Instantly her hand rub at her little stomach unintentionally.

She had made it up in her mind that she wouldn't tell anyone. Not her parents, not her baby daddy, not even Rubin. She wasn't ready for the judgmental eyes. As she looked around the nearly empty shop, she couldn't help her eyes as they fell on the front door at the sound of the bells jingling. She saw Rubin walk in. His hair as always in a ponytail, dressed in simple fit. A white T-shirt and some black joggers. She watched as he looked around the around the coffee shop, his eyes landed on her. He gave a half smile, walking up to the counter and placed an order of his own before making his way towards Tamika.

"Good morning," Tamika greeted him with a small smile as he took a seat in front of her.

"Good morning," he replied, clasping his hands in front of him. "Your day starting off good so far?" Rubin started conversation. A cashier came over and placed Tamika's caramel latte in front of her.

"Thank you," she smiled before turning her attention back to Rubin. "I can't complain, I slept like a baby, and you?" She asked taking a sip of her latte with a pleased smile upon her face.

".. kinda," he answered with a chuckled. His day technically started off with his ex girlfriend accusing him of cheating. He wasn't one for conflict because he knew how his temper could get the best of him if pushed to a certain point. So, Rubin chose to ignore her until he left the house. The two of them had a rocky relationship, and although they weren't a couple anymore, his ex girlfriend felt she could still tell him who he could see and who he couldn't see.

Although, he still had love for the woman, he was done with the back and forth. It was time for him to move on. Their relationship was toxic and he could no longer let the relationship bring him down. He wanted to be happy, he wanted to get his business started but he found that hard. He was in a relationship with someone who didn't support him but instead tried to control him.

"I'll take that as a no.." she chuckled at his hesitant reply. "Is everything okay?" She asked just as the same cashier came to bring him his coffee.

Rubin took a moment to reply, trying to find the right words. "Not really.. how do you get rid of a pest?" Rubin asked seriously. Tamika raised a questioning brow at his question. "My Ex girlfriend won't leave me alone.." he expressed frustratedly taking a sip of his coffee.

Tamika chuckled, "Well.. considering my Ex boyfriend won't leave me alone.. I don't think I can be of much help." She replied. Jalen's recent behavior made her put a restraining order against him. She feared he would try to hurt her so she was in the process of looking for another apartment as well. "You know hot coffee isn't good for you?" Tamika questioned with a raised brow. Rubin rolled his eyes playfully.

Rubin raised a brow at her confession about her Ex, he wanted to ask more questions but he also didn't want to come off as nosey. Instead, he chose to reply to her other comment, "No coffee is good for you, wether it's hot or cold." Rubin shot back shrugging his shoulders. He looked off to the side for second before putting his attention back on Tamika. Her eyes fell on his hair sitting on the top of his head comfortably and she couldn't help but ask.

"Is that your signature style? You don't like wearing your dreads down?" Tamika asked checking the time on her Apple Watch.

"My shit too long to be wearing it down all the time, not to mention I'm in need of a retwist asap." He replied rubbing the back of his head with a little chuckle.