𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

"So I basically have to lie to your family and their business associates?" I frown, trying to make sure I'm understanding all this correctly

"It's just by omission—"

"How is this a lie by omission?" my confused face gets even more confused if that's possible.

"Well. When people ask if Nick and you are dating, you guys will answer yes. Just omit the part where it's not real." Wanda, my best friend, shrugs innocently and looks away.

"So in actual words, we are lying." I nod in question at her.

"Call it what you want. As long as you guys can act in front of everyone." she shrugs again and turns to my fridge.

"I don't know how I feel about the whole lying part of all this." I frown. Guilt is not a feeling I enjoy.

"Okay," she shuts the fridge and places the yogurt on the counter before strutting to where I'm flopped down on the couch.

We're in my apartment. Well, I was here and Wanda came in here with a master plan that involves me playing as her brother's girlfriend for the entire summer and in return, I basically get a holiday overseas with her. All expenses paid for.

Wanda's family is rich. Like, crazy generational wealth filthy rich. Her family is basically real estate royalty. Making her brother the first in line heir to all that, and she wants me. I repeat. Me!

She wants me to go as his pretend girlfriend because he's apparently still heartbroken after his girlfriend of two years or so, Paisley, also another real estate heir if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if she has siblings and what number child she is.

And did I mention that his ex-girlfriend almost fiancé looks like a runway model slash beauty pageant queen slash heiress? Yeah. She's all that and more I'm sure.

I'm just a high school teacher. Your regular ole science teacher. At least I'm good at chemistry and physics. Right?

Unlike Nicholas's ex-girlfriend's tall slim thick build with never-ending legs. I'm five foot four, maybe five on a good day. She has a body that was absolutely built for all that office wear that she and Wands seem to rock so well.

Even now. It's a Saturday, Wanda's more casual office day. She's in a cream-cropped button-down short-sleeve shirt, the smooth fabric of that shirt looks like it could pay for all the furniture in my one-bedroom apartment.

Her bottoms are black high-waist slacks that hug her waist and hips and then flow freely with nude heels on her feet. Her black goddess braids touch her butt and sway with her movements.

"How about you look at it like this. A girl's getaway for me and you. But my brother is the price to pay? I don't even know if that makes sense." She groans as she picks up my legs and sits before dropping them on her lap. "I just—I always miss you during these holidays and you don't ever accept to come along with me even though mom and dad love you. Nick is a mess after what Pais did last year. We've barely seen him since Cancun last year. He's been hiding out only goodness and probably mom knows where. He shows up for important meetings and things like that. But he avoids interaction with the other families. He mentioned that he wasn't coming to Aruba for this vacation and I'll be damned if I let that happen."