𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

Today is expected to be a laid-back day since it's our first day here

Today is expected to be a laid-back day since it's our first day here. According to Wanda's words from our call last night.

By the time I'd gotten up this morning, Nicholas was already showered and ready for the day. He wore straight black pants that were a slightly loose fit with a white shirt that hugged his biceps and emphasized his broad shoulders.

On his feet were rich brown leather slippers. He was seated on one of the chairs outside by the pool with all his attention on the book in his hand. The sliding glass door was opened, so the fresh sea breeze was blowing into the room and making the thin curtains dance around.

That breeze and the seeping sunlight are probably what had woken me up.

Nicholas was seated in such a way that he was facing forward but could see me from his peripheral vision. That's possibly when I sat up and yawned he turned his head so fast to look at me that it was a shock that he didn't get whiplash.

We held eye contact for a minute before I gave him a soft smile and greeted him.

It's morning. I hope I don't have any drool marks on my face or eye boogers.

That was the thought that had me rushing out of the king-sized bed and into the washroom to get ready. I'd slept in my baggy tee and pajama pants set. I usually wore the shirt alone. But circumstances are different now.

I got ready and just applied mascara to my eyes and lined my lips before calling it a day. The energy to deal with melting makeup in this heat is one that I do not possess.

I'd settled on a baby blue thin strapped dress with flower designs and a flowy bottom as my outfit for the day. I also continued from where I'd left off last night and put away the rest of my clothes and stuff in Nicholas's and my his and hers closet.

My side was fairly filled while Nicholas' side was still a little void. I'd made a mental note to ask him about that.

The bed was made when I got out. I had on clear slippers that made some noise every time they came in contact with the ceramic floor.

Nicholas looked up from his book at me when I exited the washroom. He was now seated inside and reading.

"I was going to make the bed when I got out." I say guiltily. We'd both shared the bed, yes, but I was the last one to get up so obviously bed making duty was supposed to be mine.

"It was no hassle." He shuts his book before placing it on the little glass coffee table.

"Thank you." I smile as I walk to get my phone from the charge on the bedside table.

"No need to thank me. You ready for us to head out for breakfast?" he gets up from the chair he was on.

"Yeah." I hold my phone and head to the door where he waits for me.

We'll have to work on our conversations. Although it's understandable because we went from randomly greeting each other the rare times that we were together, to 'dating'.