𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Things are happening so rapidly that I think I might pass out

It's already the end of the week and we're packing—I'm packing—Wanda is just here to increase my blood pressure levels.

Due to the trip and everything happening, Nicholas and I couldn't meet in person to learn more about each other because he was busy with back to back last minute meetings to tie up loose ends before he disappears from the business physically for three months.

He did apologize profusely because according to him he said it felt like he was breaking a promise. I reassured him that it was okay. After that, he would call me in the evenings when he'd finished all his work and we'd talk about this plan and making us look genuine.

Our 'how did you two meet?' story has been planned. We even discussed what our answers will be if we're asked how long we'd been together and why we'd kept it a secret.

We've tackled everything. I think.

Surprise questions will be met with surprise answers. Not much can be done there.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Wanda asks for the fifteenth time.

I honestly don't know why I thought packing while she was here was a good idea.

"Let me check your closet to make sure." she goes into my closet for the hundredth time since she came over.

This wouldn't be happening if I'd packed in advance. I just had to leave packing for the last minute and then be blessed with Wanda's presence.

"You sure you won't need these?" she comes out of the closet with my platform sandals in hand.

"That's a leather-ish material is it not? I don't want to risk damaging it with the sand or salt water." I say while quickly zipping up my bigger suitcase before she can make me put in any more stuff.

"You're mistaking this vacation for The Little Mermaid. We will be on dry cemented land too you know."

"And I packed shoes for said occasions. And besides, I'm done packing. All that's left to pack are my toiletries and other little knickknacks." I flop onto the bed after rolling the suitcase to stay against the wall.

"Okay, fine. Let's go out for ice cream." she yells from inside the closet where she went to put back my shoes.

"What do you have against staying home?"

"Have you seen how beautiful the outside is? We could even have an impromptu picnic—wait. That's a good idea. Let's do it. We can go buy stuff at the store and have a picnic." she beams, proud of her 'good idea' I'm sure.

"How do you come up with these things?" I groan into my baby pink bed comforter.

"I'll pretend you're not a teacher and that you didn't just ask me that." she walks right back into my closet leaving me on my bed. I roll so I'm now laying on my back and stare at my plain white ceiling.