𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℱℴ𝓊𝓇𝓉ℯℯ𝓃

"You really told me that we would be hiking and I agreed to that and came along?" I throw Nicholas a look as I try not to collapse from fatigue and dehydration

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm not dehydrated because he's been making sure I drink water here and there but I'm tired man.

"Yes, you did." He smirks.

"What was I thinking?" I almost cry but mostly to myself.

"Maybe that this was going to be a romantic getaway?" He throws in.

"No. I clearly wasn't thinking because there's no way I would've agreed to this. Is it too late for us to go get the car or something?" I can feel the tears filling up in my eyes and I push it away.

"That would be an even longer walk. Come on, we're almost there." He pats my back.

"Really? Because when I look back I see land. I look forward and see even more land. You know what this reminds me of?"

"A romantic getaway?"

"No. It reminds me of 'I shouldn't be alive'."

"You don't mean that in a literal sense right?"

I finally look at him and he looks concerned.

"No." I shake my head. "I'm talking about the show. But I'm guessing you don't know it from your reaction."

"As long as you weren't being serious."

I stop walking and so does he.

"So what do you say sweetheart? Should I carry you for the rest of the hike or do you think you can keep going?" I definitely don't forget how to breathe because of the nickname.

"How much more—you know what? I don't even want to know. I'll keep going on my own to wherever the end of this trail is. After that it's up to you to find me a way back."

"If you say so ma'am. I'm ready to continue when you are." He says.

How is it possible that we both walked the same walk and I'm pretty sure that I probably look like a dishelved capybara when he looks like he's just on a casual stroll outside the house?

Is this even legal?

"Okay, let's go." I continue walking and so does he.

꧁꧂

"Oh my!" I gasp. "Are those other people? And is that a rocky beach?" My spirits immediately lift at the sight in front of me.

"Maybe this torturous walk was worth it after all." I think out loud.

"I'll translate that to 'you're an amazing date planner'." He says but I pay him no mind because the only thing on my mind is to get to that ocean.

"It's also actually a natural pool. Those rocks that you see there formed due to a volca—"

"That's not important right now. We can have a history slash geography lesson later on. Hurry up." I cut him halfway through his sentence.

Now that I can see how refreshing that water looks, all I want to do is rip this sweaty sticky workout gear off my body. I want to feel that cold natural pool water on my skin.

"Let's go." I almost burst as I say it. I feel like an excited kid on a sugar rush.

"Hey slow down. It's not going anywhere. Careful with the rocks. I don't want them to hurt you." He calls out.

"Yes." I nod as I find a spot behind one nod the big stones to change out of my sportswear.

My sneakers come off first followed by my socks and leggings.

"Woah. Slow down, flash. Be careful."

"I am being careful." I nod. "Where do I put these?" I ask him referring to my clothes.

"Just give them to me." He takes it from me and I work on getting my top off. When I get it off, I finally stand there barefoot and just in my bikini as I hold out my top to him.

He takes that as well and I'm shocked to see him folding my leggings and top so he can put it in the bag we brought.

I want to run off to enter the water but I decide to be kind and patient by waiting for him so we can go together.

When he finally has my stuff inside the bag, he puts it down and removes his shirt. He folds it as well before inserting it in the bag.

If I didn't need to cool down before then I definitely need to cool down now. Can he hurry up?

"Okay. Come here let's take a few pictures before entering the water." He gently pulls me into him so that my back is to his front as he retrieves his phone from his pocket.

Nicholas encloses his arm around my midriff while his other hand holds his phone up so he can take a selfie of us.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Hmm." I nod and hum.

"Smile." He says and I do while looking at the camera.

He takes about three snaps maybe before stopping.

"We need another couple pose." He says. "Mom will probably want to see many pictures." He adds.

"You're right." I add as I turn around in his hold and wrap my arms around his neck. "How about another few pictures like this?" I look up at him and ask.

"I think this is perfect." I'm stuck between focusing on his eyes or lips as he speaks while maintaining eye contact.

I wonder if he can feel how my heartbeat just increased since I'm in his hold. Maybe he can't since I can't really feel his.

But that could also be because of how short I am.

"Okay. Now look up at the camera and smile, beautiful." Nicholas's voice cuts through my thoughts. I look away from his eyes and at the camera.

"Smile." Nicholas says and I do.

At least five snaps later he let's me go and I almost immediately feel cold.

"Come. Let me help you get down and into the water. After that I'll take you a picture from up here." He tells me as he takes his shoes and socks off and places them next to mine and our bag in top of them.