𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Wanda was actually being serious when she said that she was going to learn to crochet this holiday

Wanda was actually being serious when she said that she was going to learn to crochet this holiday. Since the only plans we have are for the evening today, a seaside dinner. Wanda is dragging Nicholas and me to the market to shop for supplies.

Nicholas is coming as our chaperone.

And as usual, Wanda is late. This is shocking because she'd come banging on Nicholas and my bedroom door as early as six in the morning and it's now eight but she isn't down here.

We won't be having breakfast with the other families today, thank goodness. Everyone is okay to be around besides Paisley's mom. She has it out for me.

Aunt Beatrice and Uncle Stone will go though, I don't know what excuse will be given for us not going but everyone seemed chill about it so I'm guessing the lack of our presence won't affect anyone.

I don't even know why we eat with the other families, to begin with. But perhaps it's a bonding exercise of sorts.

Since we aren't having breakfast with the others, I'd decided to make breakfast for us to have before leaving. Just some scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, and toast.

The TV was on, playing cartoons when I was alone and cooking but I turned it off as soon as Nicholas left the room. I'm picking my battles wisely so I decided that I had no energy to start trying to explain why I still watch cartoons at my age to him if he asked me why.

Nicholas and I have already eaten and are waiting for Wanda. I'm not sure if breakfast is being held later today or if Uncle Stone and Aunt Beatrice are running late, but they haven't left yet.

“Do you have medication for your motion sickness?” I look up from my phone at Nicholas.

“There's medication for it?” My eyes widen. I didn't know that.

“I did some research on it and found out that there are pills that can be taken before you get in the car or anything to trigger the sickness.” He did what? He researched?

Even I, the one with the sickness have never done any deep digging on this. I just knew it was a sort of normal thing that happened to some people.

“I didn't know that. I thought it was just something normal that happened to some people.” I off my phone and place it on the counter to give him my full attention.

“In some way it. There are mentions of it maybe being genetic and also a person's vision playing a role in how likely they are to experience motion sickness. It's all the brain. But there's no need to worry about all that though. I found out there are pills for it so we'll take a look for a pharmacy on our way to or around the market.” He stares me straight in the eyes as he talks.

“Good morning sweeties.” Comes Aunt Bea's voice.

“Morning Aunt Beatrice, Uncle Stone.” I greet them as they walk closer to the counter where we're seated.