𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

“A lotion bottle!” Theo yells out and I stop drawing to just look at him in disdain

“Are you actually serious?” I ask him.

“What? Women's products come in creative packaging, okay? So don't try to kill me for voicing my opinion.” He shrugs.

“A fat spaghetti?” Wanda now shouts.

I throw another disdained look at her and continue drawing.

“It has to be a loaf of bread.” Roman mutters loud enough for me to hear. I don't give him a reaction.

It's almost evening now and we're at the beach playing Pictionary, which is going very . . . creatively. I won't say I can't draw. The problem is with them. Not me.

The parents are having drinks at a local beachside restaurant that we'll later join them at for dinner. The restaurant is only a walking distance from where we are, a bit far but a walkable distance non the less.

Paisley is the only one who is inside. She had mentioned coming out for dinner but didn't seem the least bit interested in what we were planning on doing. We played thirty seconds before this, Wanda, Nicholas, and I were on one team, and everyone else was in pairs of two.

I don't know why but I feel kind of bad for not having made an effort to talk to Paisley one on one. Or is the teacher in me trying to come out and itching for me to have her be included in all that we do? Should I just leave her alone? I mean she's basically my 'boyfriends' ex but like . . . but what?

“Now you're just confusing us. What is that supposed to be?” Caleb frustratedly asks, making me glare at him.

“Continue drawing.” Owen motions with his hand.

“It's a perfume bottle then isn't it?” Theo repeats.

"No, it's not!”

“It's an animal.” Roman says.

Finally, somebody with sense. I don't deny or accept his observation.

“What type of animal looks like that?” Caleb clearly thinks out loud.

“A penguin.” Nicholas says.

“Yes! That's it! It's a penguin!” I basically scream with joy.

“This must be a couples joke that we aren't in on because how in the name does that look like a penguin?!” Theo exclaims.

I uncap the marker and draw on the eyes, beak, and feet of the penguin before capping the marker and looking at Theo.

“That's how.” I flip the page and place the marker in its spot for the next person before going to get seated beside Wanda and Nicholas.

“Well, at least she showed us how. Who's next?” Roman looks at us.

“I'll go.” Owen offers and stands up.