Chapter Twelve: Protective

A week passed and I spent the days when I didn't have work at the pack house or in other words, Jimin's house.  It was only one day before we had to perform the dance Jimin and me had been practicing, not that it was a big deal since we spent a lot of time on it, plus it was only just for a grade.  Not sure why but I still felt anxious?  Was it because I was doing this performance with Jimin for the first time?  I started noticing that the more time I spend with him, the more I emote.  The more I feel.  It's so scary...I admitted to my feelings.  I'm trying slowly but surely to get better.   But it's scary...and so, so hard.
"Hey, hey you're spacing out!" Jungkook waved a hand in front of my face.  He invited me to play a game with him though I wasn't sure on how to actually play.

"Kook I still don't know how to aim properly, I've died eight times already!" I sighed not getting the hang of the controls.
Jungkook tried to re-explain the right buttons to press and I sat blankly not understanding a word of it.  Hanging out with the others in the pact I thought would be difficult and it is, but not in the way I thought it was going to be.  They're so accepting and understanding and yet I can't keep up with any of their hobbies or interests!
"Got it?" Kook finished looking up to my face for some sort of acknowledgement.

"No..." I voiced honestly before ruffling my hair in frustration.  Suddenly I felt a chill run up my spine and the air felt cold.
"Jeon Jungkook are you upsetting my mate?" The voice came from behind us on the couch and there was Jimin with his arms crossed.  I felt the winter blizzard.
"JIMIN! Why would I be purposely upsetting her?  For your information, I'm actually being a good step-brother for her and teaching her the ropes!" Jungkook voiced proudly waving his controller in the air.  Step-brother....when did we decide that?!

Jimin's eyes went from yellow to a green in the matter of seconds before he smiled.
"Oh okay!" He chirped having his signature eye smile appear back on his handsome face.  I told him that I'll try making more connections with other people starting with the members of his pack.  He seemed happy and supportive of the idea but I started to notice this attitude he got every now and then when I was with them.  It was almost like he was terrified I'd be stolen by them. 

But me and Jimin weren't dating and the boys had no intention of that anyways.  I guess he's just a bit overprotective but I always ignored it and chopped it up to being a wolf thing.  Perhaps it really was?
Jimin wrapped his hands around me in a back hug.
"Gotcha, now it's time to pay more attention to me!" He voiced like a proud child and Kook just rolled his eyes.
"Guess, I'll play the rest of the game alone then!" Jungkook sassed as I tried to remove Jimin's hands from around my body.
"Chim, I'm still playing with Kook for now."

Jimin looked sad as he pouted and squished his face against mine.
"We only have one day left, shouldn't we be practicing our routine dance together?" I sighed and Jungkook looked ready to vomit at Jimin's baby voice.
"Actually no, I memorized everything and so have you.  There's no reason to spend any more time on it, it's just for a grade!" I managed to pry Jimin off me.  I told him myself that I planned on opening up more and getting connections with other people.  What I said about the dance was true and part of it but if I have the opportunity to bond with Jungkook right now, I have to take it.  I get to see Jimin in some of my other classes but not the other members of the pact.

Namjoon walked into the living room craning his neck with an exhausted exhale.
"Job getting to you?" Jungkook asked keeping his eyes fixated on the game while still talking to Namjoon.  Namjoon nodded his head, before his eyes landed down at the scene on the floor.  Me and Jungkook playing video games and Jimin whinging constantly as I ignore his presence.
"Beta, mind showing a little more restraint when you're with your mate?" Namjoon suggested.

If only such a thing was possible with Jimin but at this point I don't think it is.  I just have to sigh and accept the fact that he's clingy.
"Alpha I heard Jungkook was up at 3am in your studio working on something, aren't we supposed to ask permission first?" Jimin said slyly before wrapping his arms around me again.  Jungkook looked betrayed and glared over to Jimin.
"You beta bitch!" Jungkook shouted before turning over in fear of Namjoon.
"Hehe," Jimin giggled leaning into me more. 

A sight before me that I've never expected to see in my days.... Namjoon dragging
Jungkook by his ear across the living room as Jimin continued to cutely beg for my attention like he was totally oblivious to the drama he just caused.

"Now, you're all mine." He whispered in my ear are bodies closing together and the space between us shrinking.