Ch.37 ~ Stories

A/n: I'm not even gonna give an excuse for my absence recently cause there would be a whole fricking list so instead I'll say I'm sorry for the wait and that I hope you all forgive me for not updating. To earn your forgiveness instead of a 2000 word chapter I've written 3000 words. So please forgive me.

~~~

Y/n's POV

As my consciousness began to return to my body after the night's events I felt a familiar weight at my feet keeping them warm throughout the nights which grew colder. I laid on my back with a small smile coming to my face, eyes still closed as I let a small whistle pass my chapped lips.

At the sound, the weight lifts and shuffles upwards laying by my side allowing me to pull it in. Despite it being a while since she bathed. Her fur was still as soft and warm as it always was .

"Morning Sky." I muttered into her fur. The dog nuzzled into me as a response. We both laid there for a while, semi conscious, both savouring this peaceful moment before facing the day's challenges.

I could feel the warmth Skylla offered accompanied by Daryl's scent trying to pull me back into the embrace of sleep. Though it appeared a chuckle followed by a comment would allow anything else but that to happen.

"I think this is the first time I've seen you act like a normal person and not Miss Military." It was the gruff voice which belonged to the scent of the sheets I laid under.

"I'd take offence but I am in zen right now." I comment blissfully with another smile, snuggling closer to Skylla like a child cuddling their favourite teddy.

"Well hate to ruin your zen." He starts.

"So don't." I bark softly, cutting the man off.

He chuckles once more before continuing. "Lori wants you in the house. You do have medical training right?" He asks.

I groaned loudly, I probably sounded like a dying cow, but could you really blame me when someone was attempting to ruin my zen?

"Whyyyyyyy." I moaned not wanting to get out of bed. A rather uncommon occurrence in this new world.

"Okay, now you're weirding me out. You take something?" Daryl said coming over and placing a hand on my forehead.

"No, I'm just comfortable. You know I do have a relaxed side." I swatted his hand away.

"Never would have taken you as the relaxing type. Now up before Shane drags you out of bed." He said, patting my shoulder and walking to the tent exit.

"DID you HAVE to bring him up? ZEN is completely RUINED." I huffed, annoyed, opening my eyes and looking up at the tent ceiling.

"Knew mentioning Shane would get you up." He smirked exiting the tent.

"STOP BRINGING UP THAT EGGHEAD!" I yelled, hearing the man laugh outside the tent. Peeved off, I jumped up grabbing my jacket which I had discarded at some point in the night and swung it on.

I exit the tent with an angry face and nostrils flaring. When my gaze fell upon the amused Daryl making crossbow arrows, I flip him off before marching in the direction of the farm house.

It was actually a relaxing walk from the new location of my shared tent with Daryl to the farm house. With the winter season rolling in, the light breeze and sunshine reminded me of the summers we had back home.

I glanced down to see Skylla happily trotting at my side the closer we drew to the house. Her tongue hung out her mouth while she walked with a happy skip in her step.