Chapter 2

Ajay's POV

We reached Mehra Mansion, Maa, Papa, Vish, Vikrant bhai and Kailash were waiting for us..

I looked towards Geethanjali.. she was looking to the other side.. she was looking at the house which was next to us..

It was Arlie Mansion..

It was the place where she was born.. the place were her parents lived..

The place where she feels her parents still live..

I have seen her visiting here often..

Aravind uncle and Anjali aunty were two of the best people I knew..

Geethanjali's eyes had welled up.. probably remembering her family..

I was hesitant whether to console her or not.. my hand reached for her shoulder but I was not sure if it would be appropriate..

But she is my responsibility now.. I should console her..

But.. but what if she doesn't like it..

I was debating with myself when I saw that she had wiped her tears..

She turned towards me..

Our eyes met..

Not the first time though..

Her eyes always reminded me of the one person who I didn't want to remember..

I would always look away to get rid of all the painful memories that would rush to me..

but this time I couldn't.. her eyes held too much of pain..

I had the urge to get rid of all the pain in her eyes and fill them happiness..

My eyes couldn't help but search for that long lost happiness in her eyes..

She was a cheerful and happy girl as far as I knew her.. but now.. she is totally a different person..

That girl who would be jumping around wearing a frock and two pigtails in the garden once she came back from school is missing..

That girl who can make the whole neighbourhood sleepless with her so called singing is missing..

That girl who would fight with me for each and every thing is missing..

That girl who was once filled with innocence and love is missing..

That twinkle and spark which used to be her eyes were missing..

I didn't realise that I was staring at her until she cleared her throat and shifted her eyes from mine..

Probably I made her uncomfortable..

Such an idiot I am..

I turned away from her..

"Umm Ms.Kashyap.. we should get down.."

She tried to open her side of the door.. but looked like it was stuck..

I moved to her side and reached for the handle to open her door..

She gulped looking at me.. I realised that I was too close to her and move back at that moment..

I remembered how she reacted when I got too close to her by mistake.. when we met the last time before this marriage..

Flashback begins..

I was waiting for her at a restaurant..

I kept looking at the ring on my finger which she had made me wear on the day of our engagement..