Chapter 7

[a couple of days later]

A knock sounded on the office door.

"Come in," Bakugou said. The door opened, and Midoriya stepped in.

"Good morning, Kacchan."

Bakugou put up his hand. "Stop right there. What's the matter? You haven't called me that in a long time. You either need something, or there is something wrong."

"It's about that kid, Alex."

"What about him?"

Izuku placed Alex's criminal record on Katsuki's desk.

He took a quick look before handing it back. "I already knew about this."

Izuku raised an eyebrow. "You did? And you still want him to enrol? The kid is a menace! And I don't mean it in the way you were. You were asshole number one, but you still wanted to become a hero for the sake of others. This kid has zero drive. When I asked him why he wanted to become a hero, he looked at me like he was about to bloody murder me! The look alone was enough to trigger Danger Sense."

Katsuki shrugged. "Can you blame him? Do you have any idea what his life has been like? Kaminari told me. The kid lost his brother, mother, and unborn sister during a villain attack when he was seven. Or, as he sees it because the heroes weren't fast enough. Two years later, he moved to another country, to his dead mother's former town. He had to learn a new language and make new friends without properly speaking said language. The kid lost everything. It's not surprising that he is a petty thief. Be glad he didn't become a junky, spending his time beating up tourists. And you have to admit he has potential. I have seen the footage from last Monday. I'd say he's more powerful than I was back then. And more skilled."

Izuku raised an eyebrow. "More skilled? And you go around admitting that?"

Katsuki narrowed his eyes. "If you tell even a single person I said that, I'll end you, ya damn nerd!"

"Right, right. How did Kaminari know al this?"

"He and Oliver Locke have been old-time friends. They worked on a mission together in Europe when they were both starting as heroes. Kaminari and Jiro even went to the funeral in England."

Katsuki looked back up and saw Izuku writing everything down.
"Seriously?" he asked.

Izuku looked up. "What? I'm trying to understand the situation you have put me in."

Bakugou sighed. "If it makes you feel any better, I was planning to recruit him after the sports festival."

Izuku raised an eyebrow. "Bakugou Katsuki, taking responsibility? Guess miracles still exist."

Katsuki scowled. "Spare me your sarcasm. The festival is still some time away, so he's in your care till then."

"I know. I have an appointment with all the parents of the students later today."

"Why?"

Izuku shrugged. "Don't know. It was Tenya's idea."

"Who's the first on the list? Someone we know?"

Midoriya shook his head. "No. But from what I've seen of her, she's got promise."

-----------------------------------------------------

[Later that day]

Hitomi looked up from her phone as the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Her little brother, Makato, yelled.

Miyazaki Hitomi was lying on the couch, watching a movie on her phone. She had already packed her suitcase with all of her stuff to move into the dormitories tomorrow.