The Ending? Maybe, Maybe Not

"Out of all the people in the station, you chose a detective?" David asked and I laughed.

"They would've shot with anyone else. I needed to make sure" I replied and I grabbed Crest's arm.

"Now, if you excuse me, I have to talk to Crest" I pushed passed the group and pulled him upstairs. I pushed him in my room, locking the door behind me.

"It's been a long day, Crest" I said, flicking on the light. Crest was pointing his gun at me, making me chuckle.

"Oh, Paul. Put the gun down" I told him, taking a step toward him. He gripped the gun tighter.

"I'm not afraid to shoot" He replied and I walked up to him.

"Then shoot me. A young man like yourself should shoot a teenager like me. I would kill to be in your position" I teased and I grabbed the gun, hitting it to the floor.

"My own boyfriend has shot me before. Why wouldn't you?" I asked and he sat on the bed, head hung.

"Because I have emotions. You're so young. So new" He responded and I scoffed.

"I've seen more than other people my age" I pointed out and he looked up at me.

"I could tell by your folder" He replied and I pushed him back, crawling onto him. I kissed him and he was hesitant. He pushed me and I grabbed him again, kissing him. He pushed me off and I finally let go.

"No, you're a killer" He told me and I chuckled.

"Have you ever killed someone before?" I asked and he sat up, fixing his shirt.

"No. I never want to" He replied and I laughed.

"Well, the feeling of killing is powerful. Addicting. Like the first time you smoke a cigarette. It's gross. Horrible. But, you slowly do it more and more. A habit. You can't stop. You just want more" I explained and I grabbed his gun. 

"We're going out. Get your things" I ordered him and pulled on a sweater. We left the room and passed Leo.

"Aw, I was hoping you were dead" I said and he pulled me away from Paul.

"You brought a cop home? How stupid are you?" He asked, his back towards Paul.

"Very. But, it was smart to bring him. He's important to them" I replied and he sighed.

"And to think I fell in love with you. Where are you going?" He asked and I smirked.

"Just around. I hate it here. You know, with you guys here and all" I answered and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"You love it here. We have no rules, lots of food, skate park. And most importantly, me" He told me and I leaned up, kissing him. He kissed me back and I tried to pull myself away, but my body wouldn't listen. Dammit, my illogical side has control. He slowly pulled back.

"And suddenly I remember why I loved you" He whispered and walked away.

"What was that?" I asked Paul and he shrugged.

"I don't understand what that was. I hate him. He is a jackass, a dick. But, I loved him once. I did. More than anyone will ever know. I'm just so fucking confused!" I ran a hand through my hair.

"Anyways, let's go" I chirped and hopped on the banister, sliding down. I landed on my feet and waited for Paul to walk down the stairs.

"Eh, you're boring" I pointed out and he walked to me.

"Well, I am a hostage. I'm not supposed to be fun" He retorted and I chuckled.

"Aren't hostages supposed to be scared? Begging for their lives?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.