Long Day

They led me to the skate park. It was perfect. It looked like a park but with more benches, rails, it had half pipes, and random things I can grind, Ollie, and perform tricks on.  There were a corner that had shelves, on those shelves were skateboards of all kinds.  Old, modern, used, new, long, regular, cool designs, plain and some that looked like they were from different countries.  I picked up a newer looking one and looked at the design on the bottom. It had the letters Y&R.

"I didn't even know Young and Reckless has skateboards" I said putting it on the floor.  I looked at the guys who looked bored. "Guys know how to skateboard?" I asked them and they looked down

"No" David said.

"Get a board, I'll teach you" I told them and they all groaned. "I'm not letting you guys have a beast skate park, that's not going to get used.  So grab a board and stop complaining" I said skating off and doing a kick flip off the 14 stairs the park had.  I landed without a flaw, the guys looked at me in awe for like the 3rd time today.  I'm just that fucking amazing.

"How did you do that?" Red Head asked.

"Well..." I trailed off waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Leo" He answered.

"Well, Leo, that was the easiest trick I know how to do, so grab a board or I'll be all hyper until you do" I told them waiting for them on my new favorite board.  No one moved except for Leo. He grabbed a D.C skateboard that was blue on the bottom and walked over to me.

"See, it wasn't that hard.  All you guys have to do is grab a skateboard and I'll leave you alone" The other guys left the room and I shrugged.

"I'm going to teach you the basics and if you want to learn more, we can come here tomorrow, okay?"I said and he nodded.

"Alright, I guess that's fair" He said and put his skateboard down.

"Stand on it" I ordered and he stood on it with his feet together, he fell and I sighed. " This is going  to be a long day" I said and helped him up.

"You don't stand like that.  You have to stand sideways. 1 foot in the front, the other in the back.  Like this" I showed him and he followed my instructions.  He didn't fall and I applauded him. 

"What's next?" He asked getting off the board

"Moving on it or in rider slang, the easiest thing ever" I said and he nodded. "Try to skateboard" I told him and he looked like he was in deep thought. " I think I have a song for you.  It teaches you how to ride a skateboard.  Is there an iPod dock in this room?" I asked and he pointed to a table with 2 huge speakers next to it. "Perfect" I said and picked my iPod out of my back pocket. I went to my play list of Skating Songs and found the one I want.  I plugged my iPod into the dock.  Kick, Push by Lupe Fiasco blared through the speakers.

"How is this supposed to help me?" He asked. 

"It tells you how to ride a skateboard, you have to kick, then push" I said and showed him.

"Ohh, I get it" He said and did it.

"Congrats, you've learned the basics" I applauded and he put the skateboard back on the shelf. "You wanna do this tomorrow?" I asked and he nodded. "Tell me when, but not before 11 in the morning" I said and I linked arms with him.

"Lead me to my room" I ordered and we walked out the room.  He led me up the stairs and we walked through the hallway on the right, turned left, then right, then we went down stairs, left again and up stairs.  He stopped and we were back where we started at the top of the stairs.  He opened the first door on the right and pushed me in.