Chapter 9. Return Of The Juggernaugt

I woke up in a puddle of sweat.
Heather looked at me, "Are you ok honey?"
"Yeah, I just had a dream that these fuckers evolved again and, they were able to use guns and drive." I replied.
Tyler and Tiffany came up the stairs.
"Morning." Tyler said.
"What's going on bro?" I asked
"Nothin" He continued on. "My parents up yet?"
"No, not yet." Heather answered
Tyler started walked towards his parents room and knocked on the door. His dad opened the door, "We'll be out in a minute bud."
"Alright, we're going to make breakfast and then head out." Tyler replied, and then came back into the living room.
Just then we heard gun shots outside, and we all jummed up and ran to the window. I pulled the curtains opens, and we looked outside.
What we saw outside struck fear into all of us, but we couldn't look away. Tyler's parents came out to the living room and saw us all huddled up by the window.
"What's going on outside that's so fascinating?" Tyler's mom asked
"The zombies.... they have guns." Tyler said
"Shit. You'r dream was right." Heather said to me.
"FUCK!" I shouted. "We don't have time for breakfast, we need to just get out to the vehicles alive and go."
Tyler's dad ran to his room and grabbed the keys to his 1997 Toyota Hilux.
"What's the plan?" Tyler's mom asked.
"We don't have one. We left all the guns in the truck, we just need to be ready to run when we open the door." I replied. "We ready to make our way out there?"
"Hold on, everyone follow me down to the basement." Tyler's dad said. We all followed him down into the basement where he took us to a locked door in the corner. He unlocked it and pulled the door open. Inside there were guns, swords, bombs, and any other type of weapon.
"Come in, take whatever you need." He said
We all went inside and began picking out weapons. I strapped a holster to my belt and put a Desert Eagle in the holster. I also took the AK74 and put the strap over my shoulder. I then grabbed the 30-30. I waited for everyone to gather the weapons they wanted.
"I think we're all ready." Heather said
everyone nodded in agreement and we made our way back upstairs to the front door.
"Let's kick some dicks." Tyler said
I reached out and grabbed the door knob and slowly opened the door. It was now silent ouside and all the zombies vanished.
We cautiosly stepped outside, everyone had guns at the ready. We made our way down the front porch steps and started walking towards the trucks. Just as we were about to get in our trucks, the ground shook.
"what the hell?" Tyler asked.
We all started looking around, searching for what could have caused the ground to shake, but there was nothing around.
"Baby, I don't like this, something feels really off." Heather said.
"Yeah, lets get the hell out of here." I said to everyone
We all got in our trucks and the ground shook again. We backed out of the driveway and started heading back towards the highway when we finally saw what was shaking the ground, I picked up the mic. "Look who's back for round 2."