Chapter 16. Till Death Do Us Part

Tyler was on the ground shaking uncontrollably and foaming at the mouth. A few seconds went by and he stopped shaking but it felt like hours. He just layed there motionless like he wasn't going to turn but instead just died. I tapped him with my boot and he still didn't move. We sat down by him, giving tiffany time to grieve. She sat there crying over his body as Heather and I rubbed her back trying to comfort her. Tyler suddenly started twitching. Tiffany jumped back in fear and scrambled for her gun. She pointed it at his head as he started to stand up slowly.
"Tyler, I know you in there somewhere, I don't want to do this."
Tyler finally got to his feet and started limping towards her very slowly.
"I DON"T WANT TO DO THIS!" Tiffany cried out.
I pulled my gun out and aimed it at Tyler but I didn't fire. I waited thinking Tiffany would rather do it.
Tiffany kept backing up from him while crying.
"Please don't make me do this Tyler." She said between cries, "I'd rather me do it over anyone else but I still don't want to shoot you."
Tyler didn't stop and continued walking towards her, following her around the room. The whole time I had my gun pointed at him, as I tried to fight back tears.
Tiffany closed her eyes and turned her head away from him, her hands were shaking as she pulled the trigger and shot Tyler in the chest.
Tyler still continued on, following her around the room.
Tiffany fired another shot and got him in the head this time.
Tyler froze in his tracks and stood there swaying back and forth for a second before he finally fell backwards onto the ground.
Tiffany dropped the gun and fell to her kness crying.
"FUCK." I shouted as I walked out of the room, holding back tears. I found a stairwell were I sat in the corner and cried.
Heather eventually came and found me, but I wiped the tears away from my eyes before she got to me.
"Are you ok babe?" She asked.
"I'm fine." I lied to her. I Never lie to my wife but I did this time.
"I know you and I can see right through you and I know this is hurting you." She said.
I wiped my eyes again, "We need to get back to Tiffany and be there for her." I said as I stood up and began walking towards the hallway.
Heather followed me back to the room where Tiffany sat still crying over Tyler's body.
"Can we just go?" Tiffany asked.
"Yeah." Heather replied, helping Tiffany stand up.
"I'll meet you guys out there." I said. I shut the door behind them, and I pulled a box of matches out of my jacket pocket. I Struck the match against the box and with a shaky hand I tossed it onto Tyler's body.
"Maybe I'll see you again if there's another place, and if there isn't, well it's been good knowing you." I said to his burning corpse and I walked out of the room.
I met everyone in the hallway. "Ok, lets get out of here." I said to them and we all made our way back out the front door.